is he getting used to me?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

esox
Egg

84 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  07:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my anery when i first got him would shy away and hide if i even looked at him in his faun, had him 2 months now from a hatchling, but now if I look in his faun he will come right up to the front of the faun and just look at me, likewise, if i move anything about in his faun now he doesnt even flinch, does this mean he has finally accepted me and sees me as no threat?

corn, anery, fred

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  08:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say so. He must feel like part of the family now.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

gregDT
Egg

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  08:38:27  Show Profile  Visit gregDT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would guess he's now settled in and is happier about his surroundings. A new home is a stressful time for a snake, lots of new smells, textures and sounds. Now he's been in his home for a few months and nothing dreadful has happened he's settling down. If you've not been handling him now would probably be a good time to start. As to getting used to you as an owner I think it's mainly going to be down to scent rather than your appearance. I might be corrected but I don't think snakes recognise people by sight. I always use the same make of hand gel when I handle my Corn and I ask anyone else who is going to pick him up to do likewise. Apart from the hygiene issue I work on the basis that if everyone smells the same (the gel is unscented but still has a distinctive smell) then he will be calmer as he will assume it's the same person, thing, odd moving tree that he is climbing on.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  09:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww bless,it sounds like he's feeling very settled in his home now,and with you.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2011 :  11:07:22  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Certainly sounds like a happy settled snake to me, that's great!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000