Answers needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Serj
Snake Mite

21 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  14:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello forum, I was going to wait till the summer to get my 1st corn(have been ready for months)but I went to the reptile shop on Sunday and couldn't resist a 7month old Carolina. He/She is named Rango(will upload photo's soon).But being a beginner some help is needed.
Q1.The shop said that Rango was due a feed on Sunday(2 pinkies every 4 days) but since I was picking Rango up on Monday they wouldn't feed on Sunday night and that I should feed on Wednesday instead. Should I wait a couple of days longer(Friday night) to let Him/her settle?
Q2.On the Monday Rango explored his home(EVERYWHERE)but now he/she hasn't moved from the cold side since then(Not sure if Rango has moved at night or even had a drink)is this normal? Temperature are fine at both ends.

Help Thanx

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  14:57:58  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its best to leave the snake undisturbed for 7days this allows time for the snake to settle in only disturbing to change the water.
also cornsnakes like to hide and are more active on a night time when things are quite. :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

snowstripe420
Egg

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  16:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Otis only likes to come out at night, between 10 and 11 pm. And only on nights when im home alone and the ole lady is out lol. funny little buggers

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  17:45:06  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It will be fine to leave the snake to settle for a week and then feed him/her. They can go a long time without food. It's better to allow them time to get used to their new home. I wouldn't worry about not seeing your snake, some only ever come out at night when they think nobody is about. Photos at some point would be great, we love photos on here!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  22:11:31  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  00:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup sounds about rite , first nite we had ours they are out and about trying to find somewhere to escape , then they settle and get used to their new surroundings . im sure he is out and about when ur fast asleep ! some love to hide and some have a spell of being active at nite . our corns are both diff , Kai is out most of the time virtually waving at u , whereas kodi preferes to hide until shes hungry ! u will notice as time goes on the character of ur new little one . dont forget pics :)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  01:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Serj

hasn't moved from the cold side since then... Temperature are fine at both ends.

How are you heating, monitoring and controlling temperature? Basically do you have a digital thermometer to monitor temps and a thermostat to reglate the heat source? What temps are you getting?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000