New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  22:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so the suns been out and the weather is lush , i was just wondering would it be ok to take the two fauns outside while im sitting in the garden ? obviously i wouldnt be gettin them out to slide around due to parasites or nastys that could be out there , but in their fauns ? just wondered if any of u do , or if u think its a good idea?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  22:45:45  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I sit outside with mine on my lap but I don't think I would have them in fauns out in the sun as they could get very warm

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  22:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally I dont, would be too much of a pain trying to sort temps out again when I brought them back in

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  23:03:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For an animal that is crepuscular sitting out in the sun will probably be quite stressful and if your taking the whole faun outside then they will just hide and serve no purpose. I do sit at dusk on my balcony and will sometimes take one of the snakes out with me but not for a long time. Oddly its the shy Royal that seems to enjoy a bit of afternoon sun more than the corn and will happily lay out on my lap and bask. The Boa hasn't had the privelege yet.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  23:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okies just wondered wouldnt wanna do anythin that would cause them more stress than good , as we kno somethings we think would be great but arent in reality . i wanna get a few pics of them in the sun light as our living room doesnt get as much sun . but i do think taking the fauns out in the sunlight would be more hassle , thanks for ur thoughts :)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  08:27:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
they wouldn't naturally be out in direct sunlight given a choice and fauns will have the 'greenhouse effect' of getting stupidly hot

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  12:13:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yup i shall scratch that then , and not do it :) just took some pics of a freshly shed kai outside then popped him back.

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  13:33:18  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have the sun streaming into my dining room so am planning to take pics of dakota in the sunlight and maybe have her on a white background to show off her beautiful colours. Because i've only just got her she's been mostly all curled up hiding so not really been able to get nice pics.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Edited by - Ailsa on 19/04/2011 13:34:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000