Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scattie2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  19:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have a snow corn whos 3 months, its on fuzzys 1 every 4 days and feeds really well, iv noticed that twice now when iv held him he has been sick as soon as i put him back in his tank. i wait 3 days after a fed to hold him and im wondering if it could be poo? its lumpy and looks like mouse organs so is it sick??? this is my 1st snake so im confused and worried!

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  20:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds more likely to be poo and I am assuming that you have not actually seen the snake regurgitate. But I think I am right in saying that 1 fuzzy every 4 days is a little to much. Most feed once every 5-7 days.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  20:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing I can say is smell it. If its regurge it will smell putrid, seriously bad. poo just smells a bit.

Poo is usually a pile of black/brown stuff with white stuff, regurge looks a lot like a chewed up piece of fudge.

And again 5 days is about as close as you want to get with feeds but every 7 days is fine.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 18/04/2011 20:55:57
Go to Top of Page

Scattie2
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  20:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks! pretty sure its poo then as hardly smelt at all. Thanks 4 feeding advise will fed every 7 days now
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  21:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is more likely to be poo, a lot will poo after been handled, something to do with the heat of your hands and the motion of climbing over fingers. Just keep an eye on him after you've held him and watch out for the tell tale tail lift (try saying that when your drunk) of them having a poo.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2011 :  21:08:58  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
every 5 days is fine, so you can feed, not handle for 2 days, then have 3 days playtime

and as lotabob said, you'd know from the smell if it was regurge
the physical stimulation of being handled is prolly enough to get him to poo, and feeding every 4 days there'll be a fair bit to come out!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000