Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  15:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Valentine shed on the 1st april... and was completely fine but ive noticed today that his skin on parts of hime are really flkey mainly on the top, its not his actual scales coming up its like what shed looks like... but he shed all in one and i checked him after and he was fine!!

Its just tiny bits of see through skin along his back??

What could the reasons been and how could i resolve it ??

He does burrown under his heat mat alot but the temps of the heat mat are fine and ive never had issues with his temp ??

So am starting to get a little bit worried now !!!

thanks hope you can help:)

1 corn snake: Kchalice-Serendipity
2 dogs: Kane and chester
1 C0ckatill: Rolo
1 gold fish: chips
2 Cats : Max and Jess

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  16:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you post a picture?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 16/04/2011 16:33:01
Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  18:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried it wont pick up on camera its like tiny little bits of skin sticking up like little bits of shed... i was wondering whether where he goes under the heat mat whether its becoming like dry skin like we get... ill see if theres a pic any where on the net to send

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  20:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the mat statted, and is the stat probe fixed to the mat and not able to move off the mat?

have you noticed him in his water bowl?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Edited by - lotabob on 16/04/2011 20:22:26
Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  09:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently he has been in his waterbowl twice but i havent seen it its when ive been at work !!

It is directly on his heat mat but sometimes he moves it slighty but it always stays on the mat... yes it is statted its about 28.5 at its highest !!

any ideas i really think where he keeps going UNDER the heat matt hes either burning or drying his skin out ... but i dont know how to stop itt??

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  09:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you got anything heravy you can use to pin the mat down so he can't get under? You could get some aquarium sealent and safely stick his mat down with it if you have a spare enclosure to put him in for a couple of days..

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  10:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 Drawing pins in the very corners of the laminate ONLY dont put pins through the mat itself. You can also use aquarium sealant or I use a blob of hotglue in each corner because its quick drying and not permanent, I use that on my probes too, keeps them where I want them to be.

With him been in the water bowl and having dry lifted scales you might need to check for mites, its a remote possibility but check the contents of the waterbowl and inspect the snake for any tiny black dots run him through a piece of kitchen roll and see if anything comes off.

Just don't panic, it may be nothing at all but a tiny bit of stuck shed.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

LynneM_212
Hatchling

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  22:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help guys, im pretty sure its not mites as ive checked him all over but i will run him through some kitchen roll and check again to be pretty certain, ive come up ahain tonight to find him under the heat mat again, crazy snake so im making a few changes tomorrow when i bought him from my friend i bought him in a glass tank with a wooden tree thing and no hide, i bought him 1 hide straighy away but thats in the cold side, i have wanted to transfer him to a rub as i really dont like the glass tank not enough fllkr space so i am going to but him a rub tomorrow then i can put the heat mat underneath, im going to buy another hide and get rid of the silly tree and buy a fake plant instead and just keep an eye on him... he wasnt sooo bad today but hes under there mow so tomorrow time for a change :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000