New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  15:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you ever put too many hides in? Or is that just not possible.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  15:40:46  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well im just a learner but i think its impossible for a snake to have too many hides. My dakota is only 12 weeks old, i got her last weekend, at the mo she has 1 hide, a bark piece she loves hiding under and a loo roll. Next week am gonna get her some green stuff, take out the divider in her beginner faun and put in the green stuff and more loo roll tubes lol, she'll love investigating it when i put her back in.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  15:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious as I have just added another egg box to Franks house. He now has 2 warm hides, 2 cool hides and one that is half and half.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  15:47:39  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am just starting with a beginners faun set up which had the hide, bark and water bowl, thats why i wanna add more stuff for her to climb on, hide in and keep her happy.

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  15:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe all corns are different but alot of mine really don't use hides so I don't put many in. They have one in each end but I like them to have space to move around the floor of the rub. Quite often mine will stretch out along the base and if there were too many hides they wouldn't be able to do that.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  20:31:52  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no, theres no such thing as too many hides. Instead of using 'cave' type hides, maybe use lots of fake foliage, it enables the snake to hide in/under and also gives them something to climb around on/in.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  20:34:35  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't like putting too many hides in as it means they can't burrow XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Egg

Germany
50 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  20:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mixix's got a warm end hide and a cold end hide, a branch to climb on and his water bowl. He seems perfectly happy with the arrangement.
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  23:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loki has a coconut hide in the warm end,a mouse toy in the cool end,toilet roll in the middle,a vine with ivy wrapped round and a piece of wood. He uses the coconut,the mouse toy,the vine and buries himself in the aspen.
Falcor has the same but with an exo terra hide instead of a coconut. He uses the exoterra (either lying in or on),his vine and his fave is to lie under his piece of wood.
Both very different bless them.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  01:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So long as theres a cold and hot hide, they dont really care!
Though, mine are spoilt, and have a few for aesthetic reasons!
Lister has an exoterra cave, one of those snake hides with the removable lid filled with aspen (he loves that one, burrows in right underneath it all!), a toilet roll, one of those star shaped leaved fake plants, and another silk aquarium plant, divided into bunches and placed around.
Rimmer is a bit more spoilt, but he's more active. He has 2 coconut hides, a small log hut (small habbahut), toilet roll, exoterra cave packed with aspen, a branch, another big leaf covering thing, and a bit of the aquarium plant, which is attached to a sucker, which is attached the side of the geo, as he loves climbing! The large plant is attatched to the branch, and he likes to sit in the very top of it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000