Move up from Faun
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  12:23:54  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, I know Dakota is only 12 weeks old and her faun will do her until she's 18 months but when she needs to move to a bigger rub what size should it be?
See am one of lifes wee worriers lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  12:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine all went into 33L rubs.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  12:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depending on growth the faun may be good for half that time or double that time. As a general guide take the length and depth of a container and it should be about the length of your snake.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  12:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ideally as they grow Ailsa, you will upgrade when the housing length plus width is the same as the snake, so when you upgrade make sure its big enough for the growth of the snake so whatever size of rub is appropriate.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  17:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it depends on what you want to do
you could buy a 2ft viv and then when it outgrows that buy a 3ft viv, then u have 2ft spare for another snakie, and then/if the snake outgrows 3ft buy a 4ft, leaving a spare 3ft viv
or you could just buy a 4ft viv and partition it off in stages

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  19:20:58  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol I can't do that danny, way to expensive for me, dakota will be in rubs till she reaches adult size

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000