New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crease83
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  21:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys one of my corns has not eaten for four weeks now, I have tried all the the things that I have seen on other post, leaving in over night, braining, smaller size and even took him for a drive but nothing. Also today he was doing somthing very strang: he but his head on top of his body and then as if to chase his head he would coil round so that his head ran up his body and the speed he did it at was amazing.

Any ideas/help you can give.

He/she is 4ft7 and is in a 50L RUB hot end is at 30 and cool end is at 24.5 reading is digital and mat is ran on a stat. He is also on newspaper.

Thanks

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  21:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The chasing of the body or running up his own body is something that male snakes generally do to females.
To me this sounds like a perfect example of horny snake, but with some self confusion in there as well.

Don't hold me to that though either, it's always nice to get the opinion of other people experienced in the entire breeding/mating routine as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  21:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

The chasing of the body or running up his own body is something that male snakes generally do to females.
To me this sounds like a perfect example of horny snake, but with some self confusion in there as well.

HAHA you have just discovered and documented snake self pleasure.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

montyboy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  21:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would also say a horny, is he /she twitching?

5 corns, 10 kings, 5 rats, 3 hoggies, 2 royals and a boa
Go to Top of Page

lizard800
Snake Mite

12 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  22:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is doing the same thing, its oddly unsettling to wake up in the night to a snake just shifting from side to side making full eye contact with me.
He isnt touching any mice im putting in there either. Maybe a cold shower...
Go to Top of Page

crease83
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  22:35:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a relief. Not twitching keeps trying to find a way out of his rub though.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  09:28:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
set up sounds fine, i'd put it down to time of year, 4 weeks is nothing for a snake to not eat, just monitor his weight every 2-4 weeks for any weight loss

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

crease83
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  12:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Is it normal for them to bite themselves to as have seen him do that today aswel?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  15:18:42  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's 'normal'* for kings..........not for corns though

* 'normal' as in 'not uncommon', stupid kings, will even eat themselves!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

crease83
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  13:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I need some more advice on this one. He/she has gone into blue however the last shed was only 3 weeks ago is it normal to have sheds so close together??

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  14:46:34  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
One of my males only shed 4 weeks ago and is blue again. I'm not sure if they shed more often during breeding season or if its due to the spot on his nose that he has rubbed sore from trying to get out of his viv.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

crease83
Egg

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  08:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has eaten I am so happy, 8 weeks on the nose :) we have been the vets cause he had an RI so was on anti biotics which he finished a few days ago, tried a feed yesterday no luck, put him back into a viv as he was in a rub and he had a fuzzy left over from the others so thought I would try him again and he snapped it away, could he prefer the Viv to his RUB??

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000