New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  19:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keith only seems to poop if I get him out of his faunarium and just doesn't seem to want to to when he is in it. I get him out and keep him on some kitchen towel and sure enough within 15 minutes he will go. I have even put kitchen towel in his faunarium in the hope that he would go in it but no joy.
Should I make a point of getting him out about 4 days after he has eaten so he goes to the loo?
Or shoiuld I leave him and hope he eventually goes in his faunarium?
I don't mind to much while he is small but don't cherish having to dangle his bum over a bowl when he is adult so he goes for poop.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  19:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They go when they need to and will leave the hide to go. You taking him out before he leaves of his own accord gives him a good excuse to go and the added exercise helps to move it along. Snake nappies are an invention that would benefit lots of people.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  20:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lotabob he comes out of his hide and moves around the faunarium before I get him out. He is usually out and about every evening apart from the night he is fed.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  20:52:46  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
morgana always tend to poop when i get her out, i leave it an extra day, but no lil maddam saves it up for my jeans or the carpet lol
ive got to know the signs now and put some kitchen roll down ready

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  20:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way, just holding on for you then, I suggest a water balloon over the tail to catch any offending material.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  21:46:40  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As some people on here may know (lotablob!), Tiko only poops when he is out of his viv. Since he arrived in October I think he has pooped 3 times in there and the rest of the time on his special poop blanket (red face!)If I leave it an extra 1/2 days before he comes out then he saves it for me! You will have to get a special blanket too! I am so glad there is someone else in the weird snake pooping club! Yes I can see the signs too, usually stays still lifts tail and pulsates bottom!!! yum! :)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  21:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oi behave or I'll have the mods amend you to Lucyloo. LOL They are naughty little imps, I'm lucky I really am, Spot is like clockwork, same place same time.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

tallboy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  22:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snake used to save its pooing for my trousers or other place i'd rather it didnt do it but more recently as its got older it doesnt seem to, it goes in a corner of its viv which is good!
Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  23:01:00  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna feed Dakota for the first time tomorrow so will see if she poops in faun or keeps it for me lol but i will be prepared lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  23:10:35  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I fed Pandora on Sunday and am yet to see the after effects. Can someone tell me what I can expect? Reading these posts it doesn't sound the most pleasant or clean experience! Is it wet/gooey/smelly or anything? She had 2 pinkies so should I expect a small cow pat or something? Sure I'll find out for myself in a day or two but would appreciate a heads-up! lol :)

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Egg

Germany
50 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  07:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ptm, the poo is a bit like a large bird poo, but it smells something awful. When you walk in the room it takes the lining off your nostrils.
Mixi always poos in his viv. Karla becomes very energetic and is always desperate to come out. A bit like us when we can't find a toilet.
I just ignore her till she can't hang on any more and goes in viv. Then I let her out for some exercise.
Mind you it doesn't always work. Sometimes she can be out for a good 15 mins before she finally lets go.
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  07:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankfully I can see when he is going to go. Small ripples run down his body starting about 4 inches above his vent, thats a sure signs things are on the move. I think my friends and family think I am even more weird now that I say "I just have to get Keith out so he can go to the loo". Next time someone comes round I'm not that keen on maybe I will introduce them to Keith, I'm sure they would love to hold him lol.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  08:00:56  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well am prepared for the stinky poo smell, just fed dakota this morning and she ate her pinkie no probs and if i can handle cat litter box smell then snake poop should not be a prob lol

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page

tallboy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  09:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when my snake has done a poo on me i can tell now-it stops moving for a min or 2 then its tail lifts slightly then out it comes-gives me just enough time to get a cloth or toilet roll in place lol
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2011 :  11:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a rule. They dont come out until they've pooped xD
And I havn't been pooped on yet!

Well, Lister wee'd on me after having a bath, and well, I guess it kinda looks like poop :C
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  22:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only Aura has pooped on me and it was when she was super dinky so there was barely anything..although it still smelt bad!
i had a baby royal poop on me when at donny in 09.. was not pleasant - for a small snake it didn't hold back!! didn't put me off getting two though!

quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Well, Lister wee'd on me after having a bath, and well, I guess it kinda looks like poop :C

was it white or black? generally they poop and pee at the same time - the white stuff that eventually goes powdery is the urates and the rest is undigested mousey

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - HannahB on 14/04/2011 22:09:33
Go to Top of Page

ptmbradley
Yearling

United Kingdom
676 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  22:30:13  Show Profile  Visit ptmbradley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pandora had 2 pinkies last Sunday and I still haven't seen anything. Shouldn't it be out by now??

Corns: 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Butter, 1.0 Carolina, 0.1 Hypo, 1.1 Snow, 1.0 Sunkissed
Boas: 0.1 Arabesque, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow, 0.1 Crawl Cay, 1.1 Hogg Island X, 0.1 Hypo Hogg, 0.1 Kahl Albino (poss coral)

Go to Top of Page

smurflittle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2011 :  23:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tallulah had a pinkie last monday and monday just gone....and still nothing..should i be worried?
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2011 :  14:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
was it white or black? generally they poop and pee at the same time - the white stuff that eventually goes powdery is the urates and the rest is undigested mousey

All white, I would have been surprised if he had that much poop left in him, after the mound he left me after his last meal :X
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000