New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  13:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I bought Luna home last month, in the faunarium she lived in at the breeders. He had lined it with newspaper and she happily slid between the sheets and i never saw her. When it was time to clear up after her, i moved to aspen shavings and put a new hide in, she swapped hiding between the newspaper to her hide.

I recently moved her into a small glass front viv, with more hides, foilage etc and she still hides all day. My husband has caught her out and about when he has switched the light off, but come back into check for cats before he shuts up for the night.

When I hold her i literally have to lift the hide off and pick her up. Otherwise I would never see her.

I know it is normal for baby corns (she is 9 months) to hide, but is this much normal...

I still have the faunarium so have options to what i house her in, but to be perfectly honest she was exactly the same in that.

Any advice would be apreciated, after all, all i want is a happy snake.

cheers

0.0.1 Amel Corn CB10 Luna
1.0.0 Orchid Corn CB08 Mizuki
0.1.0 Hypo Corn CB10 Hala
0.1.0 Normal het lav CB09 Neona
1.2.0 Normal Royals, Jericho, Eclipse and Monday

and various other critters including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a hamster, a gerbil, 3 fish, 1 husband and 3 daughters :-)

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  14:08:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfectly normal. I hardly ever see mine out and about. If they do come out its in the evening.

They are usually hidden away in a hide or under the kitchen roll.

Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  14:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol seems she is perfectly happy doing what they do then... ;-)

and various other critters including, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a hamster, a gerbil, 3 fish, 1 husband and 3 daughters :-)
Go to Top of Page

Lixra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
286 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  14:18:53  Show Profile  Click to see Lixra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A happy snakes, is an invisible snake. Kind of reminds me of that Monty Python sketch "How Not to be Seen"

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  14:49:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its nothing to worry about. If she's not behaved any differently since being in the viv then I'd leave her as she is. Some snakes are just more secretive than others.
I hardly see Loki,looks like I have a snakeless viv most of the time whereas Falcor is really bold and doesn't really bother to hide away.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  16:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Romeo is 8 months old and he hides out all the time xxx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  17:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do they get any more sociable as they get older is it an age thing or a personality thing, i wonder ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  17:33:10  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I never seen my anerys and they are 1 year old 10 years old. Well I see the 10 year old one when she goes a bit wappy at that time of year but that's it, most of the time if I ever do see her she's poking her head out of her spud.

Normals I see a bit more of XD Venom is always out but he's always sleeping out of his hides so XD

If you want a snake you see, get a king XD they never sleep as they forever trash the place.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  21:50:26  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I never seen my anerys and they are 1 year old 10 years old. Well I see the 10 year old one when she goes a bit wappy at that time of year but that's it, most of the time if I ever do see her she's poking her head out of her spud.

Normals I see a bit more of XD Venom is always out but he's always sleeping out of his hides so XD

If you want a snake you see, get a king XD they never sleep as they forever trash the place.

oh i dunno, my king is a hider lol,but at the moment shes hanging half out of her stack of toilet roll tubes lol
she had a regurge on saturday, so think she feeling sorry for herself and shes in blue lol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  22:48:35  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

oh i dunno, my king is a hider lol,but at the moment shes hanging half out of her stack of toilet roll tubes lol
she had a regurge on saturday, so think she feeling sorry for herself and shes in blue lol

Aww bless :( I don't see my king in blue... but that the only time I don;t see him, the erst of the time he has a pile of substrate on his head or is pressing his whole body against the viv glass XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  20:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well she has eaten today, and chosen to digest her meal out of her hide wrapped in the plant... bizarre time to chose being a tad more social but hey ho lol

Go to Top of Page

Ailsa
Banned

United Kingdom
804 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  21:23:06  Show Profile  Click to see Ailsa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wonder if my new corn will be a hider? you know what am dyin to see them feeding

Dakota ~ Bloodred Corn ~ Amber & Chloe ~ Cats
Mind is changing on snakes I want now lol so am researching these to find out what would be best - Milk Snakes and Dwarf Boa possibly - Crawl Cay, Sonoran, Tarahumara or Vera Cruz and poss a Hoggie, African House and Rat snake. Also Trinket Snakes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000