Page: of 2

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  12:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

we didnt quite realize he was in shed at first so on sun nite he was roaming around and wouldnt settle so we assumed he was hungry , fed him a pinkie which he devoured in seconds lol , we then left him for 2 days but on the second day we noticed he had regurgitated . he has finally shed and looks pretty now so im guessing thats why he regurged . we have kept a log and the process seemed to take 8 days so for next time we will kno what to look for and not to feed him incase he regurges again? does that sound right? xx

I don't know if shedding can cause a regurge so someone else will have to aswer that one but I do know that incorrect temps can cause it, and also handling too soon (which you didn't do so can rule that out). Usually after a regurge it's advised to not feed the snake again for 10 days to allow the tummy to settle and get back to normal.

Edit: have a read of this

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7792

Sorry, another edit, just read in your other post that you handled him tuesday. If he fed Sunday night he probably should not have been handled till wednesady as the ideal is 48 hours minimum.

Edited by - Invalid User on 10/03/2011 12:48:05
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  12:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey lou , yeah we had a few troubles with the temps a few days before we had fed him but now we have everything sorted and the warm end reads 80 (even tho the stat is set to just abit higher , i see what u all mean with importance of thermometers)
we werent sure whether it was 10 days to wait we were gona wait at least a week as we figured he would be hungry after shedding? we have a few diff sized pinkies so figured we should pick the smaller ones out to ease his stomach? x

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  12:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, 80f is 26c and is a little low, ideally you want 83-86f (28-30c)

Edited by - Invalid User on 10/03/2011 12:56:16
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  12:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wil have a tweak with it and let it go abit higher , hes currently buried in the aspen in the cold side rite now .

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  13:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i noticed the pinkie had been regurged one tuesday so i took that out and lifted him out to check he seemed ok , had he not regurged we wouldnt have touched him until wednesday nite x

Go to Top of Page

boswell3782
Hatchling

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  11:09:08  Show Profile  Click to see boswell3782's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome! Hope you have a nice stay.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000