Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  01:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is nothing wrong with being annoyed at him for leaving, however, answer me this....
would you be more annoyed if he bought one, or even two??

Edited by - mikerichards on 25/02/2011 01:16:33
Go to Top of Page

danny28490
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  01:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tbh from the sounds of it someone that is asking about profit before the welfare and care of the animal is looking to make a quick buck and not the welfare of the snake nor the enjoyment of owning a rep is, i'd of been way more hacked off if he had walked out the door with 2 snakes knowing there likely gonna be mistreated and used to try make some profit on rather thn enjoyment.

Edited by - gmac on 25/02/2011 01:28:01
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  01:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad he didn't take any, his motivation was all wrong. And correct its all speculation. But going off the perceived attitude if the guy it would have been wrong for him to take them. I'm glad that there are breeders but I'd prefer to know any snakes I buy have care prioritised over profit. Luckily its clear that everyone on here does care so your all alright in my book even K Ramsey and his snake saute.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  16:43:43  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im with Stotty on this one, you shouldnt buy an animal for a profit, to me they are pets first profit second, you need to love them. And they should be fun, the exitement of them hatching and seeing what morphs you get. I mean come on guys, everyone on here must love snakes or you wouldnt be here. I totally get where you are coming from Alex and I agree with you honey! :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  16:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thing is, people buy these snakes to breed and make a profit. The simple fact is, if they didnt, you probably wouldnt have the pet you have now.
Its not about whether they buy to breed and make a profit, its about whether those animals are well cared for in the process.

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  17:54:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think anaimals and compassion aside, its allways leaves a bit of a sour taste when people come in to buy "product" from you and ask your advice on how to make money from it...it happens in all retail industry and it is as mike says, necessary for that industry but it allways sucks when someone wants to, essentailly, make money from you. as was said, this is all speculative so i wont comment on the snake example in particular but i can see why stotty mas miffed PLUS he was there to see the guys attitude so if he says he was irresponsible, i havent got a lot more to go on lol! maybe the kids just wanted to see the snakes and the dad was making idle chit chat in a kind of "hows business...?" fashion?

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  20:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kind of feel sorry for the kids...presumably if dad wasn't interested in breeding corns anymore, he possibly wouldn't buy a snake at all, poor kids probably got excited about a new pet! I was a nightmare for pets as a kid, I would've howled all the way home!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000