Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:16:04  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
at work today and a couple and there 2 children come in today looking to buy a corn snake they all have a hold of the hatchlings everythings going all fine and dandy then they guy starts asking about how much profits he can make and when can he put them together and could he sell them for alot of money i honestly said there is not really alot of money in the breeding of corn snakes its really only for 'fun???' and that you end up losing profit.... he end up saying oh ok thanks and then walked out....it makes me sick that people will only but them for the profit side of it anyone else agree or breeders have a similar experience?

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:21:30  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well to start with id say your wrong for saying people breed 'for fun' poeple dont breed for fun they breed to further gain experience on regard of ownership an morphs. certainly not for fun!!!!

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
people are very strange and i dont see why people would buy snakes just to breed i would like a baby from my two one day but prob wont ever do it cos i dont no what im doing but to go into a store soley to buy to breed is abit wrong imo

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by squiggy88

people are very strange and i dont see why people would buy snakes just to breed i would like a baby from my two one day but prob wont ever do it cos i dont no what im doing but to go into a store soley to buy to breed is abit wrong imo i got snakes cos they fassinate me not cos i want to make money and im sure many ppl on here started that way also

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:33:28  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

well to start with id say your wrong for saying people breed 'for fun' poeple dont breed for fun they breed to further gain experience on regard of ownership an morphs. certainly not for fun!!!!

well i didnt say for fun ofc as there is alot of responsibility involved! sorry heat of the momment in typing i said something along the lines of its a good snake to start of with breeding but there is responsibility to it of course

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really sure what I think of that tbh as you can look at it another way.

He did the right thing. Came into a rep shop, asked the right questions about breeding, eg when they get put together, is there money to be made in breeding corns. Found out there wasn't so didn't buy them. Isn't it better that he came in and asked first rather than just bought them, bred them and found out the hard way?

People do buy corns/snakes to breed. They have to start somewhere.

Edit to fix many typos, im tired

Edited by - Invalid User on 24/02/2011 23:42:13
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:44:03  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i guess so and you do have a fair point but still just buying a pair of snakes and only thinking of what you can get out of them is personally a bit selfish to me :/

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But again thats what people do.

Why else do you see people wanting certain royals or corns with a certain het? because they want to breed them. They will buy that snake purely because they are thinking about what they will get when they breed it.
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:53:27  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
but they wernt to worried about the care and so on they just wanted to have the money side of things

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see what you mean Stotty. Totally skipping the part about how to keep them, what are they like to keep etc, going stright into the how much money can they make me, like they are talking about some investment account at a bank rather than a living breathing creature that (AS WE AL KNOW) provide hours and hours of fascination and joy. Failing to see the animals we adore as the animals that we adore would annoy me too.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I see what you mean Stotty. Totally skipping the part about how to keep them, what are they like to keep etc, going stright into the how much money can they make me, like they are talking about some investment account at a bank rather than a living breathing creature that (AS WE AL KNOW) provide hours and hours of fascination and joy. Failing to see the animals we adore as the animals that we adore would annoy me too.

Ok so he may have come across in a wrong way but whats the point of going into a shop and asking all about how to care for an animal if you want to breed it for a profit, to then find out there is no money to be made? If you had said yes, money can be made from breeding corns, then he may well have gone on to ask how to keep the snakes correctly?

I would just hate to be judged that way if I went into a rep shop, look at some snakes and asked about breeding them.
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:29:08  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

thats what im trying to get at...sorry i probally all confused you now

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bringing your kids in, letting them handle them and then turning on your heal when you find out their is no money in breeding just seems like odd behaviour for a potential breeder. Sounds more like someone looking to make a few pound with very little consideration for anything else. Thats just how it comes accross to me and how it seems it came accross to Stotty and as they were there and could probably better judge the situation the response is perfectly justifiable

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with what Lou has said, its better that he found out through you than through years of waiting and not getting anywhere.
I can speak from the other side of the arguement, i dont have 50 odd snakes for fun!!

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bringing your kids in, letting them handle them and then turning on your heal when you find out their is no money in breeding just seems like odd behaviour for a potential breeder. Sounds more like someone looking to make a few pound with very little consideration for anything else. Thats just how it comes accross to me and how it seems it came accross to Stotty and as they were there and could probably better judge the situation the response is perfectly justifiable

I am a potential breeder. I have 4 corns that will make great breeding pairs in a few years. I may well go into a rep shop, with my daughter and have a look at a few other possible corns for breeding purposes. Me and my daughter may hold the snakes. I would also ask what sort of results I would get from the snakes if bred and what sort of price the babies could sell for. If I then walk out the shop without buying the snake, what would that make me?
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Argumentative!

Its perfectly fine to feel annoyance when working with the public, they are an odd lot and do things that can irratate you specially when its in relation to something your passionate about.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

I am a potential breeder. I have 4 corns that will make great breeding pairs in a few years. I may well go into a rep shop, with my daughter and have a look at a few other possible corns for breeding purposes. Me and my daughter may hold the snakes. I would also ask what sort of results I would get from the snakes if bred and what sort of price the babies could sell for. If I then walk out the shop without buying the snake, what would that make me?

A tease??

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  00:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Argumentative!

Its perfectly fine to feel annoyance when working with the public, they are an odd lot and do things that can irratate you specially when its in relation to something your passionate about.

Not Argumentative the op says

'it makes me sick that people will only but them for the profit side of it anyone else agree?'

I have replied.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  01:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turning and leaving sounds like he has no interest in snakes. No interest in snakes means only interested in money. Only interested in money can lead to, cheap setup, minimum feeding, lack of care. You have to have a passion for what you are doing, specially with living creatures involved, if its not fun why bother.

Anyone who owns an animal whether it be 1 or 50+ should in my opinion love the animals, now I know for a fact you love your animals and they are your pets that you are thinking of breeding and not a couple of animals your thinking of putting together to make money so your scenario cant be compared to the predicted (as we can only go off the vibe given off that annoyed Stotty) scenario motivating the guy in the shop.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  01:15:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

as we can only go off the vibe given off that annoyed Stotty

Stotty was already found out bigging up his story earlier, i wouldnt be hasty to judge people. Partcularly as the guy had made his decision not to get them, if he had decided to get them anyway he may well have asked all about the keeping etc.

This is pure gueswork going on in this thread.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  01:15:59  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anyone who owns an animal whether it be 1 or 50+ should in my opinion love the animals, now I know for a fact you love your animals...........

My snow corn who died last year was so loved by me that he tasted bloody lovely fried with a bit of onion and parsley.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000