Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  23:09:17  Show Profile
Hey guys and girls,

My mate has had a Anerythristic Motley who I looked after quite regularly and held (about 5 months old and 1ft 9 inches)

I got my first Corn Snake (female Snow Corn, named Cecil) the other day although I have a fair good knowledge of them.

I got myself a Snow Corn Snake but dont know if it was born December 2009 making it 1 year and 2 months old OR
December 2010 making it just over 2 months, as it is 1ft 5ins as the handwriting on the paperwork was rubbish lol bearing in mind my mates is 6 months old and 1ft 9 inches long

According to the chart given to me (which only shows since December 2010 - 2 months)
She has shed once since 20 december 2010
And she was fed 1 pinky on a 7 day basis
I have a heatmat place inside a 2ft wooden viv, which has a thermostat attached and digital thermometre in the same place - reads at 84F
Currently has 2 hides, one in cold area and one in warm area
Also has small branch (bought prepared safely for corn snakes) and couple of jungle vines.

However, I handled her when I picked her up to check condition, everything is fine and this was 72 hours after her last feed.

They put her into a RUB (really useful box) for me to take her home.
In which she pooped.

I handled her yesterday prior to putting her in new home, and she constricted a few times, just for fun, move abouts etc.

Also I checked by "pooping" technique which I was taught well in, and she is female, whilst doing this, she did "musk" - whitish runny with bit of brown in liquid qith foul smell

I put this down to her being nervous.

However, after leaving her and feeding hr one pinky, 48 hours later I handled her, and she was ok for couple of mins, before contricting and musking again.

This evening she did it again, 2 times musking on me.

So my questions are the following

is my Female Snow Corn (Cecil) was born December 2009 making it 1 yr 2 months old at 1ft 5ins OR born December 2010 making it 2 months old at 1ft 5 ins???
bearing in mind my mates is 6 months at 1ft 9ins bought at the same place and fed the same way - 1 pinky per week

In regards to the musking
Now could this be a coincidence because she needs to poop (although checking the viv thoroughly there were no signs of her pooping in there),

or is it because when I did the popping technique with an expert watching me, she got nervous and now whilst handlign she gets nervous

or is it just genrally because each corn snake is different, some musk, some dont on their owners????

And finally what do the numbers mean in everyones signature 0.0.1 etc??

Thanks

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  00:12:18  Show Profile
Hello and welcome!

I'll try my best to answer for you, but i'm sure somebody will be along to correct me shortly!

1) If you have a look at other peoples corns, you should be able to see a clear difference between a yearling and a couple of months old. The older corn would be much chunkier; not 100% of course, but if your snake is on 1 pinkie and the records only show a couple of months, then i'd assume she is '10.

2) All snakies have different personalities so you might just have a musky snake. As she settles down and gets used to you (and you get used to her!) she should gradually stop. Its the same concept as bitey animals, just tame them down by spending time with them and letting them know over time that you arent a threat

3) It represents the number and sex of the animals. For example, 1.2.3 means 1 male, 2 females and 3 unsexed

Dont forget to post some pictures of Cecil for us all to have a nosey at!
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  11:57:37  Show Profile
Hi and welcome. Love the pic of your snake wrapped round your finger.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  14:08:48  Show Profile
Hi and welcome.
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  19:12:37  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage
Hi!

Welcome to the forum.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2011 :  14:19:50  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
hi and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

catwig
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  08:53:26  Show Profile
Hi and welcom
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  10:22:04  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
hi there, i hope u enjoy your time here an take in the varst knowledge the site has to offer to new owners :D

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  14:43:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
not even gonna bother.............lol but will lock this

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000