Rhubarb has eaten at last.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  21:24:17  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, well after 5 weeks of Rhubarb not eating and dropping 25 grams (1/8th of his body weight) I was beginning to worry as I felt sure he was hungry as he showed a lot of interest in the mice but just wouldn't eat them so today instead of taking the advice of the guy at the reptile place I use I followed my gut instincts and decided to drop a mouse size from a medium one to small one and he couldn't eat it quick enough so he must have been hungry bless him. So one happy snake and one happy mum tonight.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  21:56:05  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats good to hear. What a relief it must be for you. Proof yet again that these rep places don't know everything lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  22:02:30  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It certainly is Kdlang and I have to say that there has been a couple of times he's told me one thing but the info on here has been the exact opposite so I've discarded what he has said and I do have to say that gut instinct is there for a reason.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  22:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You learn very quickly that advice on here works, advice from the reptile shop doesn't. I don't even ask them anymore it just annoys me and I really need to keep going to them for food.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  05:57:21  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news that he is eating again. These snakes are such a worry, aren't they?

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  12:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats brill news. Glad the little tinker has fed well for you.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  13:05:32  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's a big relief I can tell you Mort13.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

mina0103
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  14:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know how you feel , my nekko hadnt eaten for a while and i was worried about him, he ate last night to my relief. And im the same with the pet shops, i dont bother asking because they just sell them where the help on here comes from experienced owners.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h377/mina0103/SDC10591-1.jpg[/IMG]

0.1.0 dog staffy/lab cross; mina
1.0.0 corn anery; nekko

Debbie
x
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  16:18:35  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree with you more Mina0103 I'm just now searching the internet trying to find a recommended reptile/equipment shop in my area.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  16:18:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm really pleased for you. We all know that snakes can go a long time without food but it's much harder to accept if your own snake is the one not feeding!
Along with everyone else I find that the advice from rep shops quite often leaves a lot to be desired! Some are very good but they seem to be few and far between!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2011 :  16:35:37  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Herriotfan, and you are so right it does make a mountain of difference when it's your own snake that has stopped eating but what made it worse for me was I could physically see that he had lost weight but I also knew he was hungry because he was showing so much interest in the food but when you have no experience at all you can only go by the advice you are given and I had tried all the options suggested on this forum barring the braining and that was going to be my sons job last night but thankfully by dropping a mouse size it wasn't necessary
Until I can track down a reputable rep shop I shall have to keep using him but only for the food from now on.

Jane.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000