New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  19:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have two adult corn snakes that have lived happily together for years, always been in great condition but this morning I noticed the smaller of the two, Harvey has damaged the skin on his neck. It looks like he's scraped his skin on something creating a bare patch which has rubbed along making a small mound of skin. He hasnt damaged his eyes or mouth and seems his usually inquisitive self so im not necessarily too worried but im not sure how to tell if it becomes infected. It doesnt look like its bled.

When he was younger he escaped for 18 months! when i found him he had a pretty large fully healed scar on his body so obviously in the wild they can over come injuries (that injury would have been worse than this one) but any advice and second opinions on this new wound would be much appreciated as ive never really had to deal with any problems before.

Also the cause of it concerns me. The only thing i can think of is the guard surrounding their heat lamp but theyve had that for years! I was shocked that this has happened.

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  19:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can buy some http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-wound-healing-aid-30ml.html to help keep the wound clean.

I really dont want to kick off another cohab debate but can you 100% rule out this wound is not a result of a fight?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Sarah1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  19:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will certainly keep the wound clean. it seems to be a scrape rather than a bite. They spend alot of time curled up together and my other snake has no damage what so ever. I personally think a fight is highly unlikely in this case but definatly appreciate the help.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2011 :  19:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problems.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000