New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Newbie 105
Hatchling

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  22:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I bought a habi stat mat stat today and I was wondering if you could give me a few tips for best results of it I don't have a digital thermometer in the tank just a normal pin one

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  23:09:36  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ideally to properly set a thermostat you need a digi thermometer as this is what you take the temperature from in order to adjust accordingly.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  03:42:21  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
But until then, stick the thing at about 28c until you can get a digi probe thermometer as this will stop the mat overheating until you get one.
Better that the mat runs a couple degrees higher or lower than what the stat dial says for a few days compared to running without a stat.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

testdasi
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  12:39:49  Show Profile  Visit testdasi's Homepage  Send testdasi an AOL message  Click to see testdasi's MSN Messenger address  Send testdasi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Newbie 105

Hi I bought a habi stat mat stat today and I was wondering if you could give me a few tips for best results of it I don't have a digital thermometer in the tank just a normal pin one

I think you can get a digital thermometer that record both min and max temp. Then set the stat up at about 84F or so and then check temp. Make sure max temp is below 90 then should be fine. Even 90 max temp itself won't burn a snake because the stat turns off automatically so it's not 90 for a long time. It's sustained 90+ over time that is bad.

=========================
0.1.0 Amel (for sale/trade)
1.0.0 Creamsicle
0.0.1 Q-tip Motley (for sale/trade)

Dreaming for: snow/blizzard.
Go to Top of Page

danny28490
Egg

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  14:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from what i read on here you need a digital thermometer to set them up right, you can get one from ebay for like 3 quid.

Here's a link to the one i was advised to get: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-THERMOMETER-FAST-DISPATCH-/330522548795?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item4cf4adda3b#ht_3337wt_946

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000