New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  18:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey
I have a 10 inch corn snake called woody and hes done a dissapearing act now thing is hes very nervous and hides all the time so i hadnt seen him for around 48 hours anyway before i discovered he was gone, ive searched all over the place and i would know if i was close because whenever i go near him at the moment because hes so young he strikes (and he has the loudest bloody hiss ive ever heard from a corn lol) the worrying thing is we have a very inquisitive dog who is showing no unusual interest when if there was the slightest thing out of place usually she definitely would to be honest im thinkin hes left the house and i am gutted hes so quick he could be anywhere!
Help is appreciated

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  18:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Halnardo, sorry to hear about your corn, there is a thread with tips for finding lost snakes below. Good Luck.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12170

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.

Edited by - scubadude on 08/02/2011 07:59:20
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  18:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Halnardo,

I know you've probably checked twice, but is he definately not in his faun/viv?
There are some sticky threads on here for lost snakes that have some great tips in them, one recommeneds leaving flour down for tracks but this will be difficult if you've a dog as well, check over the thread on lost snakes, I'm no good at linking unfortunately but no doubt someone more clever will be along shortly, good luck! Keep us posted x

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  18:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh someone replied while I was writing lol good stuff

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

Edited by - Newbie on 07/02/2011 18:32:47
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  18:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the advice no hes definitely not in his viv ive emptied it of everything checked his hidey holes branches and water holes but can find nothin, what are the chances of him venturing outside?
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  06:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've read on here, they seem to be found in a warmish places, I think someone found theirs in a PC tower! I'm not sure whether the cold would put them off heading outside. I would say its more likely he's in there somewhere x

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  10:58:28  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear hes missing, i hope hes found safe and well, i know how heart breaking it is loosing a snakey :( xx

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  12:35:11  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If the vivs are close to the kitchen, check the freezer and fridge, maybe put a bottle/box trap near there and maybe put some flour about (I don't usually recommend flour - my escapee, Widget, went around and arched over it - didn't touch it once, despite being in that area!). If they are close to any radiators, get down and check behind and around the radiator, then the skirting boards, and then beneath the carpet. Wherever there are hot pipes, you're likely to find a snake.

As for going outside, its a possibility if you live somewhere where it is easy for a snake to get out. My parent's house had two escapees, one of which stayed inside, the other found outside, and it was the outside one that was retrieved. In my own flat, there is no way, without getting out the window, for a snake to get out, so with some food traps, I managed to ascertain the snake was in the kitchen, and worked from there.

Trust me when these guys say you will find them eventually. You REALLY shouldn't worry about the length of time they are away. Ripley was lost for 6-7months, and was found hleathy, happy, and munching on a shrew. My Widget was lost for 3 weeks, but was constantly fed and watered as he stayed firmly within my kitchen, and any food put down was taken. It just takes some serious perseverance, or at least patience. You'll find him eventually!

I found that braining and gutting pinkies made them go quicker, so maybe if you set out some little cardboard boxes in warm areas of the house with pinkie matter smeared about the entrance, you may find that you'll be able to find where your snake is hiding! It worked for me at any rate, I don't know what else to suggest to you ^^''

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  15:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all thanks for the advice, no luck so far but goin to try a trail of food matter on him tonight hopefully will see some sign of him.
Will keep ya updated :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000