Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  18:50:32  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
everyone loves burms :D if i was gonna get a big snake would probally be a hogg island boa or a common boa

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  21:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah burms are fantastic. our bernie is a hissy sod but hes coming on well. x

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  17:15:37  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
trouble is, with a burmese python, you need a viv/home for it thats at least 12ft x 4ft x 4ft and when u consider the accessories and other things needed aswel, its not the cost of the snake that matters, its the cost of everything else, plus, as with all snakes, the burm must be able to have its excercise, so you must beable to supply the room for that aswel as the viv.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  17:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

trouble is, with a burmese python, you need a viv/home for it thats at least 12ft x 4ft x 4ft and when u consider the accessories and other things needed aswel, its not the cost of the snake that matters, its the cost of everything else, plus, as with all snakes, the burm must be able to have its excercise, so you must beable to supply the room for that aswel as the viv.

Many of the burm keepers I know have only a waterdish for it. Heating wise, a bulb is the way to go, to avoid the crushing and cracking of a heatmat, but as a younger snakes go, yep you'd need decor and the such.

Burms are incredible snakes, the dopier of the two main giant pythons, I may get a dwarf one in a few years..

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  18:31:14  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

an average size burm will be happy in a 6x4x4 or a 8x4x4 only if ya unlucky to get a big girl would u need bigger, you dont need that much equipment for a burm a ideal hide for a burm is an upside down large dog basket so not that expensive

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  18:33:03  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi
Many of the burm keepers I know have only a waterdish for it. Heating wise, a bulb is the way to go, to avoid the crushing and cracking of a heatmat, but as a younger snakes go, yep you'd need decor and the such.

Burms are incredible snakes, the dopier of the two main giant pythons, I may get a dwarf one in a few years..

jesus man ud need a bloody big bulb to heat a viv for a burm lol buld is ok for a hot spot but best way to heat a large viv now adays is an AHS

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  22:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

jesus man ud need a bloody big bulb to heat a viv for a burm lol buld is ok for a hot spot but best way to heat a large viv now adays is an AHS

Oh yeah I forgot about the AHSs, they the one with the built in stat?
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  23:21:02  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah kinda like a mini wall heater

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  12:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can sympathise! i got offered a full grown albino burm for £180 yesterday! :S i REALLY wanted it but i know i havent really got room to give it what it needs and as a33272 said, my carpet is about 8 ft long ISH and when she gets fiesty, she's a bit of a handful! i dunno what id do with a snake fully twice the size!! ONE day though...one day....

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: