New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

noola
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  17:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all i am new on here, i am recieving my first baby butter corn snake tom and was wondering when i should feed him.I tried to get in touch with the shop that is delivering him to ask them when he was last fed and a few other bits but can not get through, so any help and advice just to put my mind at rest that i am doing everything i can is greatly appreciated thankyou.......

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  17:52:23  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
When you get your little snake you will need to leave him for a week to settle in. Just change his water daily and check for poos. After the week has passed he will need feeding every 5-7 days depending on which suits you best. Some people like to feed hatchlings every 5 days because they're so tiny but others prefer a set day each week, easier to remember! May I suggest you keep a record of his feeding and shedding regardless of how often you decide to feed him.
Butters are beautiful snakes, lucky you!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  17:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd feed him a week after you get him if in doubt. assume the shop fed him at least 2 days before sending (as they should be left alone 48 hours after a feed) but not more than a week (at that age they should eat every 7 days) so if you give it week tou definitely cant over feed him (which is much worse than underfeeding over a hort period) and he isnt gunna starve because the max he should have gone without is 14 days abd snakes can easily cope with that! good luck and welcome to the forum by the way! :)

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page