New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emiko
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  10:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The other day I was handlng Ichigo, and I've realised the very tip of his tail has turned black. I would have noticed this earlier but I usually get him out in a low light, and he hides in my bed.

It's not a large black spot, just a few millimeters at the end of his tail. I'm worried what it is and ive ran it through paper towels soaked in warm water and shed ease, but nothing!!

I think the blood has cut off, as he usually pulls his tail back quickly if you touch it and he isnt prepared. I tried poking it the other day and he didn't seem to notice.

Does anyone know what this is? and what can I do to help him? Will the tip of his tail fall off?

Many thanks, Fenny

Oh, and I would have included pictures but my camera recently fell out of a third story window

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  11:20:30  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It does sound like the tip of his tail has died. It is probably due to retained shed and it's not always easy to spot until its too late. Other peeps on here will be able to tell you the best course of action now. I just wanted to say don't worry if he does lose the tip of his tail, they can manage perfectly well without it. My Izzy has lost the end of his tail and I estimate he probably has 3 or 4 inches missing but it doesn't effect his ability to hold on to things with it. It's just a bit stumpy

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Emiko
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2011 :  22:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks alot , I was freaking out for a second there

Emiko