Adult corn snake weight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  13:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just managed to weigh both my corns and there seems to be a marked difference in their weights. Both are same age and are fed exactly the same.

Tom - 57.5" long and weighs 625g
Gerry - 59" long and weighs 968g

Will re-check weights before next feed just to make sure.
Should i be concerned about the difference?

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  15:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Gerry may be a tad of a porker and Tom is probably about right, would be helpful to put some photos up of both of them.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  15:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just uploaded those from today
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  15:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gerry is what i call the 'ginger' one
Tom is the darker one
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  15:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also Tom tends to be less active but eats exactly the same as Gerry. They are both female and approx 10 yrs old
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  15:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And just to stall any comments about co-habiting, they have lived together for nearly as long as they have been alive without issue.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  16:04:51  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The normals looks more healthier than the ginger one lol looks like he eats all the mousey pies XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  16:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She wishes, they get exactly the same, and same amount of handling to avoid jealousy - its a bit difficult handling 2 5ft ish snakes at same time lol. Looks like she might have to go on the treadmill of crosstrainer
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  23:19:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have spent loads of time searching internet for some consensus on corn snake weight/length and have been unable to find anything consistant. Any pointers ?
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2011 :  23:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shape is the important thing, There is a picture on here somewhere of a cross section shape guide. I have no idea where but someone will know and post it if you ask nicely.

What I remember is if it is skinny its spine will be prominent and have a triangular cross section. If its fat it will be a big round cross section. The perfect shape is loaf of bread shaped.

Because they all grow at such different rates a age/weight guide would just cause people to worry.

Oh and the 'ginger' one is just getting to the about to be a big round snake stage, little diet might be in order, catch the problem before it starts.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 24/01/2011 23:53:39
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2011 :  07:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They both look fine to me. Do you know the sexes of them? Keep a regular check on weight on the larger one, ideally weekly.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2011 :  07:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think i'll re weigh over weekend before feeding just to make sure weight is as accurate as i can get before doing anything to alter her routine as i've never weighed a snake before. Don't even use scales etc when cooking lol
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2011 :  23:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They would both reply to that question as "I'm a Lady" Mike , despite being called Tom n Gerry.

And going to re-weigh them prior to their feed this week.
Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  16:40:28  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have a 52" approx adult normal male named blake whos a porker in his rear quarters weighing at 800grams, i had him oin a diet for the last 4 months of 1 medium sized mouse a month, and plenty more handling and excercise etc, i know its gonna take alot of time for him to lose some weight and i know he misses his fortnightly feed but its for the best for his health.

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2011 :  22:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re-weighed the babies today as it was their feeding time.

Tom's weight was correct
Gerry's was wrong - don't know what happened but she is 712g. And she's been a very moody (swearing not allowed) because i delayed their feed for a few days.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000