New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tiswas
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  11:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I have one viv that my little baby is in at the moment. The problem is, I'm getting increasing dissatisfied with the look of it! It's a second hand one my sister's boyfriend lent me until s/he's big enough to go into a big one that I will buy (or get my lovely OH to build not that he knows it yet). The one at the moment was I think built by Jason's dad and has a horrible plain white backboard and I'm getting sick of looking at it.
It was suggested that I paint it however that would mean moving snakey and all of his stuff out until the fumes disperse. Has anyone else done anything other than paint?
I'm also planning a massive overhaul of snakey's decor and giving a lot more places to hide so I'm not sure if just getting more plants and things will satisfy my need to change the backboard or not.
Sorry about the massive post! Anyone got any ideas for covering it or do we think just leave it and hide it with plants and stuff?

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  11:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something quick and easy is a backing from a tropical fish tank, you can get any size any length and can be more or less anything you want (limited to stock of course). just cut it to the size you need and you can either stick it on, or, what i had, take the back off completely and when you tack it back on, you can tack the picture on too.

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  14:40:31  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Barnaby needs to grow a fair bit first, but I have already planned out what his viv is going to look like (sad I know), a Vx48 with lots of vines and artificial plants and fish tank backing. It's cheap to buy but gives a good effect and really finishes off the look of the viv.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000