Bit of Advice Required Please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  16:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Got Vin out for his feed last night and he didn't seem to feel comfortable eating, he would go over but then appear to get distracted. I'm not overly concerned as I had just moved his faun into a different room and think this has unsettled him. There's been no other changes bar the siting of the viv.

My question is whether anyone has left the pinkie in the faun in a plastic dish before? Vin has aspen as a substrate and I don't want him ingesting any of it, would it be safe to leave the pinkie in a plastic dish for him to take in his own time? Or is it likely he'd drag it out and have a side order of aspen with it?

Thanks x

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
582 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  17:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you maybe put him in a plastic tub with the pinkie inside the viv for an hour or so? Just a thought.... I'm new to this, but just what I've read as I was worried Lola wasn't gonna eat so was getting prepared and researching!

0.1 Philodryas baroni
2.7 western hognose
3.7 royal pythons
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  17:09:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pinkie on a decent sized plate, or inside a small tub in the faun for a few hours should be ok.
The ingestion of substrate is more so if they take in a fair bit of it or large bits.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  18:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

My boy has a corn that was a bit of a pain to feed when we first got him, I found putting her in a small box (with holes) with the pinkie and then covering it up so it's nice and dark and then put it back into its home like that. Leave for a few hours and then have a peek to see if it has gone.

Worked for us anyway.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2011 :  19:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies everyone

I've popped a lid off a small plastic RUB in the faun with the pinkie on it and hopefully he'll happen across it and eat it later. He seems rather moody lately, he doesn't have cloudy eyes and his upper body seems bright enough but I'm wondering if he's approaching a shed, he normally eats great.

Ah well, fingers crossed! x

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000