very quick question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  11:40:17  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hi guys, just a very quick question. couldnt find it on an old thread

but when i handle morgana.......she always poops on me after about 10 mins lol, is this normal? is she scared? cuz after she comes round my neck and falls alseep round my necklace, so she must feel comfortable with me

but she sure does love scenting me with poop first lol

not worried about anything else.....just wondered if it was normal behavour

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  11:51:07  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that when you handle your snake you stimulate the muscles that make them poop and sometimes thats why they do it, alternatively they also poop when they are scared but if she settles down afterwards then I am sure that is not the case. Tiko always poops on me, cos I always end up getting him out on poop days (he is a very regular boy!), I can't say that he is scared as he is quite bold once he is out. I am sure others will be able to offer their theories too though.
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  11:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far Marv has not pooped on me. He does seem to poop more than Nimbus and does a little poop each day. If I'm going to handle him I do it for just 5 mins first then pop him back (so he can poop if he wants). Only held him a few times as he's still in his first week but so far so good.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  12:55:19  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the info guys
thought so, just a snake thing lol.....she has her usual poop places...my lap, corner of her viv.....but as i said, she settles down straight away, and enjoys a good explore of me or the couch
my mates think im completly bonkers as i talk to them when they are out and about

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  12:59:12  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's quite normal, the exercise will encourage them to go. If you know she always does it you could use an old towel to cover your lap. At least you don't have to rumage in a viv and risk putting your fingers in it!!!!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

288 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  13:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talk to my babies all the time, and i'm always going to peek at them - tho have to say for 24-48 post feed all they seem to do these days is poke their tongues out at me from the entrance to their large hide. (both the bg**gers are curled up in the same one )
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  19:53:42  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I talk to Tiko all the time, I am sure its perfectly normal!
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  21:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always say hello to the snakes when I see them!
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  21:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it was the excercise combined with heat (same as a warm bath) that encourages them to go. I've only been got once, Spot is very regular so I just wait until he is empty.

I have done the rummage rummage splat when it comes to hunting the poo too, good job I'm not bothered by icky stuff.

I talk to the snakes all the time, same as the dog, he's used to it and just ignores me but the snakes have very cleverly evolved without ears for just that purpose, then again I talk to the fish, myself, and pretty much everything else so maybe I do need help.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000