I've found Widget!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  18:32:46  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OH EM GEE!

After nearly 3 weeks of being loose, Widget showed up last night!

At 1am today, I got the over whelming need to get out of bed and check the snakes. For some reason, I felt worried about something, so got up to check Ripley and the two little lads, and all was well. I turned to go to bed when I saw this dark smudge in the kitchen. I usually have to wear glasses for seeing far away, so to see a dark smudge in the kitchen was a bit disconcerting, as I wasn't wearing my glasses and couldn't be sure what it was. Like a ninja, I swear it, I tiptoed over to the smudge, and as I got closer, I realised it was the body of a snake, and it was Widget!!!

I reached out really slowly, and just snatched him up in the middle. He went really rigid, like a stick, but then relaxed, and when I scooped him up to my chest, his just curled himself around my fingers, as though happy I'd finally got him! He was so calm, and he's put on weight! He is the largest I've ever seen him! Either he's started putting on weight with those rat pups I've been leaving out, or he's been finding his own fatty snacks whilst free!

You cannot begin to imagine how much of a weight off my mind it is to have him back in his viv, this time tacked up so he can't escape again. He's spent all day curled up in his coconut in the warm end, getting used to being back in captivity!

To all those that gave me a hand finding him, offering their advice and their reassurances, thank you so much! You guys have been absolutely awesome, and I just wish I could meet you and give you all a hug for your support! Thanks all!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  18:52:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on finding him.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  19:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one

Go to Top of Page

razza
Hatchling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  19:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great news, what a relief would hate to lose justin.

1.0.0 50% carolina 25% amel 25% rootbeer
0.0.1 creamsicle ?
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  19:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woo!
Congrats on getting the little fella back
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  19:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic news.

So glad you have him back safe and fat lol
Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  19:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Thats a great result.

Lucky snake!

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  20:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is brilliant news (to be honest I hadn't seen anything about him been missing) I'm sure your over the moon.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  20:55:10  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys ^^ I did leave a note in the 'finding a lost snake' thread, but then a spammer came along and I think I got lost to him X3 I also mentioned it with my last round of photos, as there were only three snakes being snapped, but yeah, I didn't make too much of a hoo-har as I know how many people recently lost their snakes, and that it can be a pain to see the same posts over and over of 'I've lost this snake' and 'I'm worried cos this has happened'. I thought, instead, I'd make a big 'YAY!' post over getting him back ^^ So yes, thanks again to all that helped me stay relatively calm. I can't tell you all how much it means to me to have a good band of friends here on TCS!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  21:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its reallt good news, I like your little kinked grumpy snake, maybe now he'll not be so grumpy and be thankful you keep him warm and fed.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  21:13:36  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm really lucky he is still so well mannered after all that. Just before he got out, he'd really calmed down. I'm still a bit nervous, even though I know his bites don't hurt, his speed makes me jump, and that in turn makes me flinch and then I worry I'll pull his teeth out x.x But I do love him to bits, and when he was gone, I felt like such a bad mother! My other half said I honestly cried like I'd just lost a child! He couldn't believe my reaction to his disappearance! Then to find him, oh my goodness! I feel like running through the streets screaming for joy!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  21:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an almost escape today and its knocked me for six so I can't imagine what its been like for you having one go missing. So pleased he is back, You'll have to buy him a present for been good and staying still when you spotted him.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  21:33:43  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good result

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  21:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so happy for you! Wonderful news! & well done Widget for coping solo x

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

lucyloop
Hatchling

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  22:17:15  Show Profile  Visit lucyloop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How fantastic! You must feel so relieved!
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  23:12:37  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So glad he has turned up and is looking so well. Carmellia only escaped for 2 days and she was really skitish when I caught her so I'm pleased Widget is being so chilled for you

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  00:05:20  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys ^^ I did buy him some fake Ivy sprigs a while back, but I can't seem to find where I put them x.x He has a pretty bare viv right now, with some nice bits of wood, a coconut half, a cave and some loo roll! He seems happy enough though!

I knew he probably would be ok, as Ripley escaped from my home in Surrey for 6/7 months and turned up fit as a fiddle and still as friendly as he had been before his escape. My only worry was Widget has a tendency towards nastiness, and also with all his kinks, I was worried he'd hurt himself fitting through gaps his back couldn't cope with. All seems to be working a'ok, and he is so relaxed, its like someone's put him in a trance! So unusual. I mean, he's always been a pretty lazy snake, no moving much for days on end, but his attitude has completely altered, it seems! Hopefully he'll go back to his feisty self soon ^^

I really do feel for everyone who has ever lost a snake, regardless of getting them back or not! No owner should ever have to go through that heartbreak, I tell you! I really do endorse checking EVERYTHING in vivs and fauns, cos I tell you, they really are escape artists! I keep checking to make sure Widget is still in his box! He's got be so paranoid XD

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  08:08:39  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
great to hear hes back in his viv safe and sound
im sure he had adventures.......but im sure there was a reason you went into the kitchen, and found him there....fate..i expect he missed his cuddles, even though he nipped

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  14:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome story! its like a snakey miracle, you ninja, you! :) really pleased for ya! what a happy story!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  20:18:54  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha, what's weird is I did the same the night he escaped. Around 3am I woke up and HAD to check, and though he was still in there, it must have been moments after he realised he could get out x.x So stupid of me not to have checked more thoroughly! But yes, I'm pretty sure he's had some epic adventures! Dinner time tomorrow, so we'll see how he's feeling then!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page