General Posts
 Weird Fire Scare!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  21:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had a horrible moment, sat watching tv when this strange smell starts pervading the room, a horrible corrosive burny smell, I looked at my bf who yelled "Something's burning!" He legged it into the kitchen to check the oven while I ran upstairs to check Vin's mat.

Thank god the mat was fine, although poor Vin (who was only fed y/day) wasn't impressed with me galloping into his room and lifting his hide up to check his well being

Strange thing, everythings fine, the smells vanished and we have no idea of the cause :-s

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  21:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a similar incident, cost me £60 to have my boiler serviced, turned out it was a massive blue bottle in my uplighter. every time i went in the room and switched on the light the smell appeared, my boiler was in that room so I got worried.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2011 :  12:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked the boiler after reading your reply, but no frazzled insects were seen, actually thinking the smell must have come from outside now, but not much comfort thinking we may have nutters burning things nearby late at night! x

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000