New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kerry84
Egg

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  01:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a new corn snake today and when i took it out and put it in to the new tank it threw up his food within a few hours of being in there, now when do i try and fed him again do i leave it the same time next week to feed him or do i try agin tomoz ??? please email me with any help @kerryanimal[AT]yahoo.co.uk THANK YOU

Direct email link removed to stop the spambots

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 20/01/2011 01:56:18

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  01:52:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya Kerry.
I'd leave the snake be for about a week to settle into his new home, only going in there to change water really.
As he's regurged his meal, it stands to reason that he was recently fed, snakes can and will throw back up their meals if stressed out at all, the moving into a new home and coming back from where he was bought would've done this.
We recommend leaving snakes completely alone for about 48 hours after eating so they can digest their food peacefully.
To be honest, someone shouldn't have let him go so soon after feeding either.
I wouldn't try to feed him for about 10 days now either, I wouldn't worry about him going that long without food either as he'll be fine.
Do you have a feeding chart for him that lists when his past feeds have been?

Have a looky through the forums and have a search for 'regurge', there's a fair bit of info about regarding it.
Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

In the meantime can you have a looky through this: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13662 and answer as many of the things (into this thread) that are asked in the first post, it'll help us to help you as well.

And welcome to the forum.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 20/01/2011 01:58:45
Go to Top of Page

kerry84
Egg

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  02:55:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for helping he was fed tues evening and i picked him up wed evening i havent really handed him much since this just to put him in to the cage so your saying maybe leave him say till next tues again??
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  03:08:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd say to leave him to settle until tuesday/wednesday. But don't offer a feed until the Saturday or Sunday.
Then carry on with offers of feeds every 5-7 days from then on.
Just remember to leave for about 48 hours after feeding before handling.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

kerry84
Egg

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  03:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you ever so much
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  08:58:11  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Kerry
Welcome to the forum.
What a pity your snake threw up as soon as you got him. It was probably because he wasn't left for 48 hours to digest his meal. Poor little chap was stressed out with moving instead.
Just leave him alone for a week, like Kehhlyr said, then feed him after that. If you leave him it gives him time to settle into his new home and gives his gut time to recover and get back to it's normal state.
Fingers crossed that all goes ok next week.....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

kerry84
Egg

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  13:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks a lot people gosh ur good!!! so would you say fed him next tues??? and is it best to wiggle the food or place it in a bowl for him,he threw up 2 the guy fed him so should i be feeding him 1 or 2 wowowo i hope i get to be a cleaver as u lot
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  13:25:53  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Personally I would only offer one due to the fact that he's had a regurge. You could try gently wiggling the mouse and see if he takes it. If he doesn't just lay it down and let him eat it in his own time. I would leave it a full 7 days from when he regurged. Hope that helps but if you have any other questions just ask!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

kerry84
Egg

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  13:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool ill think ill leave it say till next tues and see what he does :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000