New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2011 :  19:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This site is about sharing info good and bad, well I learn't a very important and slightly obvious lesson. While stacking my 2 vivs I put the Royal Python vivarium on the bottom and the corn snake viv on the top. Within 30 minutes the corn snake vivarium temperatures were slowly climbing up and up and up (5 degrees above normal in hot and cold end) I don't know how far the temperatures would have gone if left and I didn't want to wait and find out so decided I'd just swap them round straight away. The corn snake temps went back to normal within an hour so problem solved.

SO that was my lesson, heat rises!!! Obvious when you think about it (which I didn't).

(also posted on Royal python forum)

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2011 :  20:09:06  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
take it the royal had a ceramic of IR bulb,i used to keep my corn in a fuan above my royals viv and the temps were spot on with no additional heating.

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2011 :  21:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its an IR bulb. It does make the roof of the viv quite warm.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000