Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello my Snow Corn hasnt ate for almost 2 mths would this be a problem, he got stuck in his last shed but help with warm water got him to shed his skin, i left him a two weeks but he still hasnt ate,
His about a year old and lives in a standed plastic box in the box it has a heat mat running off a stat a hide and a water bowl, I use Aspen, and the temp is 70 f

boom

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do i upload pics

boom
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

when i 1st had him

boom
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

boom
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

boom
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

boom
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

boom
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:47:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

this is him today as you can see his just sat by his food

boom
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

with no interest ive even tryed braining his last meal

boom
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  20:59:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have you tried any other things to get him feeding? Has anything changed in his little world i.e different size mouse, new location, new hides etc, etc? Snakes can go a long time without food but it is a worry if they just don't eat for no apparent reason. Don't worry we'll give you some tips once we know what you've already tried.....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may sound silly but are you just putting the mouse in there with your snake? Or are you using tongs/whatever to wiggle it about and make it look life like? It may sound daft but Medusa wont eat unless she can pounce and 'kill' the mouse herself :) Hope everything works out

Medusa the Carolina Corn and Bert the Bearded Dragon.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:07:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i gave him a total "viv" change today so that may of stressed him, the water bowl is new and the hide is, he used to have a toilet roll tube as a hide which he would never come out of hence the bad shed,this is the 1st time his stopped eating tbh he had a large adult mouse twice witch no problems but i cut it back down to two small adult mouse which he loved and now im trying a small mouse after trying a adult mouse and a small adult with no interest, also if it helps he used to be housed on top of his big sister but after he stopped eating i moved his sister to the front room. His sister has no problems at all even with viv change she actally loves them

boom
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't put the mouse on the snake, it could scare them or if they decide to strike they could miss and bite themselves. Let it know the food is there using tongs, place it on some kitchen roll or something so its not on the substrate and then leave it. Might just be shy. If that doesn't work don't try feedingn for a week and try again, braining the mouse may help tickle his tastebuds too, take a knife and stab the mouse through the top of the head, give it a little stir and try drag a little bit of the goo out onto the top of the head.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:16:16  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Give him a week or two to settle down then try him again. Can I gently suggest you either put something like kitchen roll on top of the aspen before you feed him or put him in a seperate RUB without any substrate so he won't accidentally eat any substrate with his meal. Hope he soon decides to eat for you. Let us know if he 'munches' next week!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I wouldn't put the mouse on the snake, it could scare them or if they decide to strike they could miss and bite themselves. Let it know the food is there using tongs, place it on some kitchen roll or something so its not on the substrate and then leave it. Might just be shy. If that doesn't work don't try feedingn for a week and try again, braining the mouse may help tickle his tastebuds too, take a knife and stab the mouse through the top of the head, give it a little stir and try drag a little bit of the goo out onto the top of the head.

As you said if you put the mouse on the snake it's likely it'll get upset. I know medusa did when she was in shed as she couldn't see properly the tail went across it and she was hissing at it and biting it then moving away. I put a lid down in the faun ontop of the aspen untill the mouse is halfway down incase she drops it for whatever reason. Or change into using a RUB. Good luck!

Medusa the Carolina Corn and Bert the Bearded Dragon.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  21:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i useual feed in a diffent tub and use tongs i will try the paper because he his quite shy but never had problems before thanks for the tips moveing mouse onto paper now

boom
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  11:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The temperature is way too low, needs to be up around 84c.

Your substrate is too thick, this will be blocking what little heat is coming through- thin it out to anything around a couple of cm's.

Put another hide in the other end of tank, leave for a week and try again.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2011 :  14:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the mats inside the tub and he useual goes under the aspen to lie on it also under the Warm side of the tubs hide the aspen is a thin layer its thicker outside his hide, turning up the stat and ill stick another hide in cheers :)

boom
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2011 :  14:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take the mat out of the tub and put it underneath, its not recommend to put them inside plastic enclosures.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2011 :  15:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
even on a stat

boom
Go to Top of Page