Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  14:12:01  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://reptiletrader.co.uk/reptiles/RT16841 what the hell is this owner doing? he surley must know they will need a big viv really pee's me off when people buy such big snakes and dont realise how big a tank they need

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  15:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stotty for large snakes they require 1 sq ft of viv space per foot length of snake on the base, so what its in is adequate. Granted very soon it will require a larger viv.

Edited by - gmac on 02/01/2011 15:14:49
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  15:17:41  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wouldnt you think it would be better ina 4x2x2 at that size?

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  15:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would yes but that is just me personally, but if its in an adequate sized enclosure there is no issues.

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  15:23:35  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
but then there is also the thickness, the hides, the water bowl etc. surely must be crowded?

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  15:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it may well be crowded I don't know I haven't seen it so shall not criticise a keeper on guessing.

yes its a big snake, no maybe its not the best size viv for it. And very soon it WILL need bigger viv.

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  16:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac
very soon it WILL need bigger viv.

thats probably what the "unforseen circumstances" are lol! He maybe got the snake IN that viv and didnt realise how big it would get. ive heard of a few cases (particularly with albinos [cuz they look similar]) where people buy burmese and are thinking of royals...d'oh!

1.1.0 corns "wotsit" and "biscuit"
1.0.0 Royal "ophion"
0.1.0 Coastal Carpet Python "Serendipity"
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake "Obsidian"
0.1.0 Bunny Rabbit (?) "truffle"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  16:26:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's enough room, the owner might have fully well known what size the snake can get to and planned to get it a bigger viv when it is needed and they may have legit circumstances.

It wouldn't be crowded in the viv if they only had what they needed in the viv and not fancy stuff.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  16:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep i was only jokin (as shown by the "lol") ;)

1.0.0 Royal "ophion"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"

Edited by - Benji54 on 02/01/2011 16:42:23
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  16:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao, you never now, it could be that they have found out that it will get to big, or it could be one that i have seen quite often with burms, that they are expecting a baby and do not want a snake that big

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  17:16:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benji54

yep i was only jokin (as shown by the "lol") ;)

I know and I wasn't aiming it at you XD *pat pat*

It could be that they have found it but it could be equally be something else, not everyone is irresponsible though, the only way to find out would be to why ask for the sale or reasons.

I must admit I have looked a albino royals and other big albino snakes and mixed them up lol

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  19:22:43  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That sounds small to me too, but I know nothing about them so I cant really comment. :/
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  19:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought the tank was ok if the snake was the same size as the length and width together so this would mean the current housing is ok for now until the snake grows a bit longer?
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  19:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I thought the tank was ok if the snake was the same size as the length and width together so this would mean the current housing is ok for now until the snake grows a bit longer?

that sizing is fine for smaller snakes but you cant work that way for 12 ft plus snake, housing would be massive.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  20:13:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

that sizing is fine for smaller snakes but you cant work that way for 12 ft plus snake, housing would be massive.

Hmm, yeah, didn't think about that lol

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  22:18:19  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe the 'unforeseen circumstances' in the ad are that the onwer can't afford the correct accommodation as the snake grows?

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  09:52:52  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he surely must of thought of what he was gettting himself into though?

1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  11:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe no worries sta~ple :)

i think the baby idea is a good one, seems reasonable and fair enough or maybe he met a nice girl, brought her home and she was like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHAT THE #&+@ IS THAT?!" and he decided he'd better get rid of it lol! anything is possible with a snake!

1.0.0 Royal "ophion"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  11:50:20  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could be Benji :) must be a very pretty person they brought home lol

But you guys must not judge, there is no information at all why the person is selling, not everyone is a terrible person and it is only natural to assume the worst. What if this person has has a stroke or developed a serious new health issue or they have a child or OH that has and no longer cannot care for the snake as best they can? Simply saying that the person cannot afford a bigger viv and that why they are selling is an awful thing to accuse someone of. At any case, at least the person is actually doing the decent thing.

Go to Top of Page

Benji54
Hatchling

United Kingdom
449 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  11:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats a fair and very true point sta~ple if i had to sell one of my snakes id be upset enough without people judgin me too! in fact there was a girl who almost had to sell her BRB on the other forum cuz the female attacked the male and she didnt have a spare viv at the time. thats a pretty good reason and certainly unforseen! when you really care about somethin its easy to judge, kudos to sta~ple, for being the voice of reason

1.0.0 Royal "ophion"

R.I.P "Prisma Pequeno"

Edited by - Benji54 on 03/01/2011 11:55:08
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  13:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, have to agree 100% there with you Sta~ple.

I have had to place a few rehoming ads myself over the years and would be very upset to think people were judging me on a related forum without knowing the full story.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000