Proper feeding times.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  15:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello people, im new here and i just wanted to make sure about the feeding for my corn snake.

it is about over three years old and i wanted to know whether i should feed it on the same day every week or if i should feed it after it poos.

which is the best way.

thank you :)

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  16:55:47  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
once everyweek :) never heard of feeding after poo's before :S

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  17:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know its once every week, but i meant on the same day, e.g. every thursday, or anytime every week after its had a poopy?
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  19:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feed every Sunday but thats just because Spot is little I'll be going to once every 10 days when he gets bigger. Don't use poo as a cue to feed, it only takes a few days for digestion and you'll quickly end up with a fat snake. If you mean if the snake hasn't poo'd can i still feed him? Then yes you can. (Unless its been weeks without a poo, you might have a constripated snake, there is advice for this on here too).

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky

Edited by - lotabob on 26/12/2010 19:24:14
Go to Top of Page

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  20:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feed Medusa every sunday at around 7pm to keep her in a routine kinda thing :)
She seems to know when it's feeding time, she's only four months old and she's learnt already! Bless her :)

Medusa the Carolina Corn and Bert the Bearded Dragon.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  23:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah ok, so it doesnt matter if the snake poos first or not then. i was asking because i didnt want to fill it up before poopy time, and then the snakes poopy time.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  23:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They go when they feel like it, some can hold for a week or so before letting loose the inner demon!

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Zincubus
Hatchling

197 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  07:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also feed mine on a Sunday evening and then leave them all in peace until Tuesday evening or sometimes Wednesday .

Although , I have seen quite a few posts suggesting feeding hatchlings every 5 days ... maybe that is if you want to "grow them on for a quick / quicker re-sale" ?? !

Edited by - Zincubus on 27/12/2010 07:57:50
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  08:44:40  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i got a 4 month old hatchling, i feed her every 5 days, yes shes grown about 3 inches since ive had her (4 weeks)
but got a guide off here on feeding size/weight/days

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  10:24:04  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I feed mine weekly on the same day. That way I don't forget who's due when!! I keep records too so I know who had what and when.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  11:17:45  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How old the snake is depends on feeding time. I feed 2 of mine weekly and they are less than a year old, they used to be fed every 5 days. One adult every 2 weeks and another every 4 weeks.

They are fine :) I've seen my girl looking as if she is bursting for the loo when I feed her, just mean she leaves 2 stinkers for me in a short space of time

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  11:35:17  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
theres no hard and fast rule on feeding, sometimes mine get feed after 8 days some times 14 days sometimes a month if they are in shed mode. they wouldnt have a routine in the wild

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  13:10:46  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
im sure your snakey would come lookin if he/she were hungry lol, morgana goes on the prowl when its day before feeding day lol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  21:07:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah thank you all for being so helpful :D

Snakey usually pokes its head up and looks at me when it wants to eat :)
Go to Top of Page

pitcher
Hatchling

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  15:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hatchlings i generally keep to a routine but as mentioned before i like to mix the feeding times up a little for my grow on snakes... they make it clear when they are after food by search round their rubs more.

7.9 corns
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000