New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  18:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just a small wonder, but are corns perticularly bothered about noise? i had tango out today and my little lad had a squeeling fit and she seemed to get a lot more active. do u think he scared her?

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
wishlist: abbotts okeetee female, crawl cay boa, emerald tree boa

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  22:49:36  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They don't really have ears but pick up noise through vibrations so probably heard a slight vibration from the your lads scream reverberating off of objects in the room. I've noticed my snake pokes her head out when I turn my PC on, I don't think it scares her, just makes her come out to have a look at whats going on in case it's food!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  08:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah, ok. so she thought he was a tasty treat? lol

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  09:12:46  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol corn snakes are nosey lol, i only have to walk in the room and my sydneys poking her head out to see whats going on, then if i walk near the rub she comes upto the plastic to see what im doing lmao

Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  10:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ha, yeah likewise. we got another hatchling yesterday (he is awsome!) and he's just like that. always looking at whats going on elswhere in the room lol

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  10:54:14  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think a very loud sound would scare a snake, definitely, they still sense the vibrations, and something making a racket to them would tell them to go and hide somewhere, surely thats basic survival instincts? Lol.
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  14:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah thats what i thought. my son has learned a bit now and only hisses at the snakeys now lol

1x amel corn (tango)
1x carolina corn (pepsi)
1x carpet python (butch)
1x normal royal (rachel)
1x bumblebee royal
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  14:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My boys are in the computer room and get very nosey as soon as I start typing. Vibrations I assume.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  16:11:03  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My four are all in the living room with me. Boa is constantly moving, so I've not noticed him getting overly agitated, Widget seems to always be hiding, whether it is quiet or loud, so again, can't really tell with old grumpy head there. Dexter is always cautious, and Ripley is more likely to poke his head out if we're watching TV or playing music or something. I don't think it causes that much stress, especially if they are in a place that is high-traffic or has a lot of activity in from a young age - my four all seem pretty happy. I swear Ripley recognises the vigrations that take place when QI is on. He's always there, watching Stephen and co!!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2010 :  17:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nimbus doesn't seem bothered by noises but he gets very nosy when there are new smells in the room.

He always comes out of his hide for a sniff about when I light any of my Yankee Candles. He seems to like them lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000