Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  20:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one really. Does anyone live or shop for reptiles in the liverpool area? I can honestly say the only place I trust is warrington pets. I have just got a Pueblan milk snake from there. She is in a nice set up and looks good in her viv next to my corns (not co-habited!!!)

I was in Vale aquatics last weekend shopping for some marine fish. I noticed in their reptile section just how poor the snakes are kept.

From a glance all seems well but on closer look there was all sorts wrong. They were selling a black milk snake as a Pueblan just because it hasn't turned fully black yet.

But anyway onto the corns. They had a load of hatchlings in a viv that couldn't be bigger that 1 foot. There was one hide and lack of CLEAN drinking water. Instead of feeding them properly they had cut a rat pinky into bits and just put them into a pile in the middle of the viv. In my opinion they were too large for the snake to eat and also the substrate was very fine and easily injestable.

Is it just me or is feeding two corns in the same viv a bad idea never mind about 7 or 8??? also after reading the posts on cannibalism surely this way of keeping them is a bad idea.

I would like to add that when I got my second corn (Annie) she was taken from similar set up and it has since become apparent that she has internal parasites and will need a trip to the vets.

I am so angry with this place and just hope that I am not over reacting.

Thanks for listening to my rant lol

Stu :)

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  20:38:06  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey stuart,

Were are you from pal? i live in warrington and work in liverpool.

From what you say about the corns, that is bad!!!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  20:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in Liverpool city centre. I love warrington pets though only been there once but it is by far the best shop I have seen for knowledge of the staff and care of the animals.

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  20:48:40  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is that warrington exotics?

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  20:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah on lovely lane. Do you use them?

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  21:26:12  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
to be honest, i go to leeroys lizard lounge in warrington. He is a sound guy but lacks proper knowledge. I have been to Warrington exotics but i feel more comfy at leeroys.

The good thing about warrington exotics is the fact that they do snake kennels lol for when you go away!

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)

Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  21:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's true. Although keeping snakes is so addictive every year I go away and there is more in the way of bording fees :)

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  15:32:07  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have been to Warrington pets and exotics, and i really don't like the shop. Most of the staff have no idea what there talking about and none of their tanks are statted. They also don't sell thermostats or inform their customers of the importance of one.

Not to mention you can't understand a word the owner says.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  16:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
warrington exotics is great, a really helpful bunch, oh and they do sell stats, just not as cheaply as blue reptile or Surrey pets, but the reps all looked in excellent condition, whilst i was in there one of the staff notice that one of the corns hadn't shed cleanly and had it out in a bath and a moss hide in the viv straight away.
but yeh I only moved up north 15 years ago and could have done with subtitles

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000