Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  14:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone

Thought I'd add a festive not and see if anyone had any exciting plans for christmas? Pretty tame at my end, christmas with my family then new year with my bf's family, snow allowing!

Added lots of corn related items to my christmas list, although slow delivery is making me an impatient girl!

Whats everyone else up to? x

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  14:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Festive note, misspelling there!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  15:05:07  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Stay at home and the family come here, snow permitting!! Not the most exciting plans but that's how we like it so that's ok......

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  15:57:39  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We have our family come to us too, in return we feed them and fill them with cheap booze, that way everyone is a winner!! ;)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  16:18:14  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
bahhh humbug lol

no, seriously, am spending xmas day with my dad at his carehome he doesnt know im going yet. will be great with all the other residents there, got a bottle of sherrie for the girls, and a bottle of brandy for the fellas

btw, my dad is 90 on 4th feb and has altzheimers

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  16:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll just be me and the kids on Xmas day,nice and chilled out. The neighbours might not be so keen though as I've got the kids Band Hero lol!!
Aww Irv,that is so sweet. That will go down a treat,I'm sure he'll be over the moon and the other old boys and girls too. My grandparents will be spending their first Xmas in a care home this year. My gran has dementia bless her and my grandad isn't mobile at all but they are still the sweetest couple I know

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  17:08:09  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You just made me go teary eyed! That is really lovely, Im sure your dad will love that. Christmas makes me so happy. :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  17:13:47  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Father's side of family coming round and I stay at home for they day, everyone asks about snakes and cat, I show them snakes and then I go off to my b/f's house to get drunk.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  17:18:14  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, here in Denmark we celebrate Christmas on the 24th.
It's just gonna be my mom, dad, granny, uncle and me.

We meet in the afternoon, haves coffee, goes to church and then while dinner is cooking we watch Disneys Christmas show "From All of Us to All of You".

We have Christmas dinner consisting of: roast duck, potatos, gravy, Red Cabbage, Caramel potatoes, waldorfsalat and crisps.

For dessert we have ris ala mande with hot cherry sauce And the person who finds the whole almond wins a present.

After dinner we dance around the christmastree, sing and open presents.
Then we have coffee, cake, cookies and all the other christmas sweets.

And then the guests go home (or sleep on the couch if we're snowed in)

The day after Christmas (or the next) the whole family gathers and have another christmas dinner - uncles, aunts, cousins and so on.

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  17:40:02  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
sounds fantastic sika.......can i come to yours? lol

thanks tiff, thanks mort xxx, he still got most of his fackleties, but hes getting the wonderlust, we as a family showed him the residential home, and he first started going there just for the day, till he was ready to move in perminantly (of his own choice)
even as a family member, to spend the day lookin after the other residents ive had to be CRB checked (lucky i am as last year i helped out for shelter on xmas day doing dinners for the homeless in london)

im going round to see him xmas eve, give him his prezzy but not told him about xmas day, so will be great. we were told in feb this year, we would be lucky to have six months out of him, as he has had 5 minor heart atacks but hey, its his birthday soon, so gonna make it a good one
every day with him is a good day
thanks all......sorry i just miss him lots this time of year

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Sika
Hatchling

350 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  17:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Sika's Homepage  Click to see Sika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you are in the area Irv just stop by
Heart-warming to hear your Christmas "story", it's nice to be reminded that we all can do a difference in somebody's life True Christmas spirit.

0.1 Corn snake - Motley Sunglow (Aia)
1.0 Hognose - normal (Vitus)
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  17:57:53  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
aaww ty sika your too kind xx

well, i live on my own, bf down in kent with his family, and i have no children, so spoiling my dad is the best thing i can do lol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  16:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think at this time of year with all our familys around us we can sometimes forget about the true spirit of xmas my family all go to midnight mass them back home we have a 8ft xmas tree all lit up in the back garden we stand around the tree and put a note on the branch`s to loved ones no longer with us. i wish everyone here a very merry christmas have a good 1 guys & girls

1.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 royal python
0.1.0 hognose

Who moved the light at the end of the tunnel
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  17:06:34  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Going to my parents and cooking the dinner for 10 people. The massive downside to that is that theres never enough potatoes to go around, not in the amount that I eat of them anyway.

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  18:15:09  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by botting1973

i think at this time of year with all our familys around us we can sometimes forget about the true spirit of xmas my family all go to midnight mass them back home we have a 8ft xmas tree all lit up in the back garden we stand around the tree and put a note on the branch`s to loved ones no longer with us. i wish everyone here a very merry christmas have a good 1 guys & girls

thats so nice botting

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

danbaylis35
Hatchling

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  19:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm off to durham form kent if the trains are running wish the snow would ease up

mr.chunky (amel),ssssssteve (western hognose),Cruela (dwarf boa)

Edited by - danbaylis35 on 20/12/2010 19:01:03
Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  20:21:41  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I bet I have the most exciting christmas!!! I'm working!!! lol!
Its not to bad really, I work in a pub/restarant, we are fully booked Christmas day. Its not to bad, everyone is in a good mood and I get triple pay... only down side is my christmas dinner gets zapped in the microwave :(

Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  20:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Irv have a wonderful Christmas. Hope everybody has a great time. Me and my husband will dropping presents off to my little brothers, nipping to see our grandparents & parents. Then home for our usual Indian feast(home made) and plenty of vodka sat with our zoo xx

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  20:41:56  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
going to my nans as was widowed this year :( will be with my uncle, auntie and baby cousin aswell :) might see the girlfriend on boxing day

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  08:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christmas Day at my lovely in-laws. Lots of digging snow out of paths here to get mum's wheelchair to my in-laws 4x4 'cos we can't get our car out of the parking bay. Mum was supposed to be staying at my brothers but first she broke her ankle (she has mobility problems anyway) and then we got 8 inches of snow to top it off. I just hope we can all get to one place together and that mum-in-law can get to the shops to buy the turkey!!

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  20:44:30  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

going to my nans as was widowed this year :( will be with my uncle, auntie and baby cousin aswell :) might see the girlfriend on boxing day

aaww stotty, make it a happy xmas for ya nan hun, im sure you will

big hugs and sending warm xmas wishes to her

thanks inkygirl for your lovely words.......dad is lovin the snow, had a major snowball fight with him, him in his wheelchair.......lol, ol bugger still got me every shot!

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic