Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  20:55:20  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
apart from snake/reptile keeping what else is everyone elses hobbies?

mine are....BMX

few injuries along the way one of the best from this year

fishing

and shooting...so im ok with guts and gore once in a while

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!

Edited by - gmac on 17/12/2010 20:57:54

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  04:57:34  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
with the long hours i work, dont really have time for hobbies, but i am heavily tattooed (although am told i look like a teacher)
so, i suppose sitting in the tattooists chair for 4hour sessions of tattooing hahahah

but no, seriously, love cycling round london, and exploring the quiet places......amazing what you can find when you go off the tourist trails

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  12:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont really have any hobbies, the usual, cooking, reading, dog training, im also heavily tattoo'd so at a good inking session is where your likely to find me x

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  13:25:24  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm basically an animal nut... I finished my degree in Animal Science this year and whilst working in a pub I'm desparatly trying to get a job in a zoo. Though to keep me sane I volunteer at Cotswold Wildlife Park every friday in the madagascar walkthrough and help out in the primate section...

I've also volunteered at a few other places over the year...
The UK Wolf Conservation Trust... Heres me and Mosi...

And my dog Molly with Duma...

I also spent a month out in crete volunteering with Archelon, they are a conservation organisation for sea turtles in Greece. Heres me relocating a nest...

Also went to Poland for 10 days to track wolves and lynx... didnt see any just snow and tracks.

Organised an Animal work shop in the play area of the pub I work in, which went really well and they are wanting me to organise another one for febuary... this is my friend Jen with our 1st visitor of the day... my nephew Tom.

I also like to think I'm an artist... this is Toms under the sea bedroom...

I'm not heavily inked but i do have 2 tattoos.

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  13:28:50  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My main hobby is writing songs for my band DECCADE and gigging round the north west. We are, at the moment without a drummer so gigs arnt happening. Will hopefully have a drummer sorted by the new year as we have entered Sky 1 "must be the music".

Other than that, i enjoy rallying my 1.5th scale baja 30.5 cc remote controlled buggy. It owes me about £1600 with all the upgrades and I LOVE IT!!!!

I like a bit of ink too! i have several ink spots on my body!

Ta
Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  13:30:37  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My hobbies mostly had to be abandoned when I got ill, but I love music, I compose and play (piano mostly). I love to read about random stuff, religion politics etc etc. But my obsession is being a nerd, Im certainly not the typical girl, I love Maths, I could sit and work my way through a text book without getting bored. xD Im sooo cool!! ;) My true passion is talking though, I can talk about anything and everything and never get bored (not that you guys noticed or anything! :P), but I truly could talk for England, the best of all is talking about maths, I could chat about calculus from now until the day I die and never get bored, its so interesting! :D So yeah! :)

Seeing as you posted one I thought I should too, this is my other baby, I love her sooo much!!!

Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Claude
Egg

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  13:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watch and play football religiously. Big Watford supporter. And I try to do stuff like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jfKr_JfgI

Anybody else into football? What are your teams?

1.0.0 Snow - Claude
1.1.0 Carolina - Heidar and Suki

WISH LIST - Fire, Sulpher

Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  13:44:15  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
But my obsession is being a nerd

Love it!! Being a nerd is great... with you on the Maths aswell... was also a big fan of physics when i was at school... was the only girl in my A level physics class though!! lol!
All my friends are either nerds or nerd wags.

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  13:52:44  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I wanted to do physics, but it was that or biology, I need biology for uni unfortunately. I would of been the only girl doing physics too! There are only 4 lads in the class. I am doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. And all of my classes are full of nerds apart from Psychology! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

Ammerz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  14:00:52  Show Profile  Click to see Ammerz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I did Maths, Physics, Biology and Geography for mine. I was torn between physics and biology, had to drop one at the end of As... so biology went and I kept physics. lol!
What are you planning on doing at uni??

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  14:09:14  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Something medicine-ish either animal or person dunno which, but preferably animal! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

boogles
Hatchling

131 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  15:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  17:05:25  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cant wait till i can get some ink :) my dad has a mirror carp on his leg and a tribal band which he is going to get covered up with a picture of his arowana (tropical fish) so my family is nature mad really :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  17:10:14  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I want a couple too! Only a year to go! :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

bigal
Egg

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  17:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can't beat getting inked. When not visiting tattooist learning to play piano badly ! Model making and reading are indoor pursuits. Also take the occasional photo. Last but by no means list am a season ticket holder at the Riverside, come on Boro.

Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  17:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thread!

As a single mum my life is pretty hectic!

I love animals and pets of all types and love spending spare time with mine. Love going on long dog walks with my 2 pooches and my daughter.

I love ink but don't seem to have much spare cash for anymore right now. Got 5 but want more!

I also (when I have time) like to draw. I love reading and if I really get into a book I will spend hours and hours reading it.

Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  18:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel pretty boring reading about everyone's cool hobbies! I enjoy doing aerobics on my wii fit (can't afford a gym membership at the mo!), horse riding, scrapbooking and doing almost anything animal related, went swimming with sea lions in August, it was amazing! Beautiful and powerful creatures

My family would probably say my hobby is gathering pets though, after our family dog passed away I was told we couldn't have any more pets, 2 dogs, 2 gerbils, 1 rabbit and 1 snake later....well, they've pretty much given up! I can be pretty persuasive

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  18:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a single mum myself too I don't get to do too much so my hobbies probably sound pretty mundane.
A lot of my time is taken up with my kids and pets,but I wouldn't have it any different.
I love drawing,reading and cross stitch (can hear you all laughing about the cross stitch!!)
I'm always taking photographs and love walking and seeing interesting places. Used to play piano years ago but haven't played for years now unfortunately.

Oh and I enjoy wine tasting too

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  18:56:13  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im actually not laughing at cross stitch, its something I always wanted to do but I can be rather impatient! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  18:58:54  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Other than reptiles my hobbies are music, photography and traveling, although I don't get much time for any of that these days! I love going to gigs and festivals and like to write a bit of my own music (although not done much recently). I picked up a nice camera a couple of years ago and got myself into photography and even managed to combine the love of music with that and done a bit of gig photography! Traveling is done as much as time and money will allow!

Below are some photography examples, couldn't be bothered to go through to find my best shots but feel free to browse my flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/drchino

oh and Stotty, I see your shooting photos and raise you this one...

Managed to shoot an M16 out in Thailand

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2010 :  19:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiffany-x

Im actually not laughing at cross stitch, its something I always wanted to do but I can be rather impatient! :P
Tiffany-x

Believe me,so can I yet I have all the patience in the world for anything creative.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000