viv decorations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  15:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi my new corn is around 13 inches long and in a 12 x 8 viv. im going to buy him some plants and stuff to keep him occupied but am conscious of overcrowding the tank as its only small, how much is too much? what would you guys recommend for me to put in there for him?

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  16:38:10  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He'll want a hide in both warm and cool ends. Plants will be ok. Maybe some sort of branch to climb on, some like to climb. Cardboard tubes from toilet/kitchen rolls normally go down well. Don't worry about overcrowding it , young snakes like lots of places to shelter and hide.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  16:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers, i might pick up a vine and a couple of artificial plants then. hes got a couple of hides and some toilet roll tube already but as hes still pretty shy i wanted to give him plenty of cover, but i wasnt sure if id be overwhelming him with too much.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2010 :  17:59:35  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
theres no such thing as too much cover for cornsnakes, if he could talk he would thank you for it all :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000