New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wagner1966
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  06:33:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feeding our two last night and Arnolds pinkie 'burst' in his mouth (to my wifes disgust) - he regurgitated the whole thing and moved away from it. I must have seen this coming as I had defrosted a spare small pinkie (have plenty to use up and wasn't sure wether Adams was too big when I got it out the freezer). It seems he had gone off the mess of a pinkie so I gave him the smaller one which he devoured very quickly.
Should I leave it at that until next week or should I give him another small one in the next couple of days to fill him up?
Thanks

3.0.0. Amal Corn - Arnold, common corn - Adam, snow corn - Jigsaw

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  09:28:10  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did it get down to his stomach then regurge or did he just 'spit' it out after it burst?
I'd probably just leave him until his next feed is due then try him on another small pinky as long as the spare that you fed him has stayed down and digested. I certainly wouldn't give him anything before that.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

wagner1966
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  10:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was half in his mouth when he spat it out as if to say "I'm not eating this" so I don't think there's any problem - just a fussy eater!

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  10:32:33  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As long as the 'spare' one stayed down then he'll be fine until his next feed is due.

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  10:53:51  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ill tell ya what herriotfan, hell if it wasnt for this forum, and you guys, id be a jibbering wreck with my corn lol

speaking for myself, you guys are so helpful i wouldnt know where to turn otherwise lol

i havent had this prob with my lil one yet, but who knows

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  13:39:54  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

ill tell ya what herriotfan, hell if it wasnt for this forum, and you guys, id be a jibbering wreck with my corn lol

speaking for myself, you guys are so helpful i wouldnt know where to turn otherwise lol

Hey it's good to know that the forum helps.
I'd be lost without coming on here for my 'fix' of snake stuff!
(*Sob story* Have disability and don't get out much, my animals and forum are real friends!!*End of sob story* )

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  14:02:20  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aww fussy little snake! The last time a fuzzy burst on my snake she started trying to eat its intestines!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  18:03:30  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

Hey it's good to know that the forum helps.
I'd be lost without coming on here for my 'fix' of snake stuff!
(*Sob story* Have disability and don't get out much, my animals and forum are real friends!!*End of sob story* )

Im with you on that one, I must say I think there are a couple of us with various reasons for not getting out much and on here you do get such incredible people! I love this forum, everyone is so helpful and no one judges you, we are all friends and I think there are some great members on here, very helpful and caring. I must say I love to help anyone and I am here for anyone that ever just wants to pop an email to me for a chat.

And as for Arnold and his pinkie, its a good job you had a spare, I think I might spit my food out if it made a mess like that too! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  20:23:33  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drchino

Aww fussy little snake! The last time a fuzzy burst on my snake she started trying to eat its intestines!

eewwww lol, god you have a strong tum, im not so bad but even that would make me want to throw up ol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2010 :  22:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen a couple of video's where the mousey bursts during a constriction but never in the mouth. I suppose the pressure of the throat on the mouse is quite a lot, when Spot eats bum first it usually ends in a blood bath as blood gets squeezed out of the mouse's mouth and nose. I think snakes are definitely are not for the squeemish, for me the strength of these little beasties is just incredible and fascinating, blood, guts and all. :)

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

wagner1966
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  06:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your replies, all seems well at the moment (he's curled up in his little 'tree' at the moment - about to slide off as he's beginning to get a bit heavy for it!) Think I'll leave him until next feed.
Agree with the others - we would be totally lost without the forum. As newcomers to the hobby we've had plenty of worries and scares which we have managed to get over due to the great help we've recieved from you all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000