First feed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  17:29:13  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, so as most of you know I will get my snake on Friday, and I only just thought of this. I want to feed her on Sundays simply because this is the best day for me. So, do I feed her a week on Friday (24th) and then just hold off the next feed until Sunday (2nd), or shall I just hold off her first feed and extend the settling in period until a week on Sunday (24th [my birthday!!]), which I really dont want to do because I am so eager to play with her, OR do I just play with her for the 2 days after her 7 day settling in and then feed her? Or does it not matter at all? If not I will just do what I feel like when the time comes. :)

Thanks guys!
Tiffany-x

n/a
deleted

61 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  17:34:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont think it matter that much i recomend feeding as soon as the snake is fully settled but you could keep and play with her and get her used to you before feeding you can pick it really wont matter that much as long as she gets food and love!!!
and good luck
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  17:53:42  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would feed her on the 24th "Your bday" Then you can work out a routine from there , and you can handle after the 7day settling in time.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  17:59:37  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oops, that was supposed to say 26th not 24th, and it wont let me edit! But yeah, I could then play with her 24th and Christmas day but then feed her on my birthday. I dunno, Im rubbish at making decisions! I know she will be fine without the food but with her moving and stuff too Id like her to have a full tummy, then she might get her first poo out of the way too! :P I dunno!!! :( But either way Ill be be snapping away when I feed her and hold her the first time! xD
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  20:04:29  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't forget you need to leave her for 48 hours after feeding so if you want a day or two to handle and play with her then leave the feed until 26th!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  20:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think leaving the feed till your birthday is a fab idea. What a way to mark your birthday,giving your new snake her boxing day lunch!! Plus you get to handle her the day prior.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000