am i being neurotic lol
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  18:53:32  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all
ive had morgana for 3 weeks now, she feeds well, and drinks/poops fine too,
but she spends all her time hiding either in her warm hide, or in the mid range hide/log ive put in. she comes out at night but only after the lights are out
are all hatchlings like this? i pick her up as advised on here by coming in from the side, but shes like lightening, she does not keep still, and desparate to get back to her viv
thought she was going into shed mode, but not seen anything for over a week. she still looks the same as when i got her.
am i being a neurotic owner? would love to have her out more and handle her, get her used to me. have tried the sock method too and just sitting there moving her aspen about with my hand so she can scent me, but still not a sign of her

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn

saamicaat
Hatchling

166 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  19:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She may still be 'settling in' and getting used to you and her surroundings, persevere with it and take your time with her and I'm sure she'll get used to you! She might just be shy! Good luck

Medusa the Carolina Corn and Bert the Bearded Dragon.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  19:15:45  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks saam
oh i intend to persevere, shes such a cutie, pic on my profile page, didnt know how to post it to the bottom of each posting lol

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  19:46:22  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that sounds like perfect hatchling behaviour :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  07:14:15  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol thanks eeji

as i thought, stressing over nothing lol
finally found out from the breeder that she was hatched august this year,
she does look like shes growing, lookin longer than when i bought her home

thanks for the reasurance peeps

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  09:53:59  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sometimes it can take ages for them to become confident. It took my Sid best part of a year to start coming out other than at lights out! He was ok with being handled after he slowed down a bit (most, if not all, hatchlings are fast) but would still hide away. If he did venture out and he saw me watching him he'd shoot back to a hide again. Time and patience did wonders. Just carry on as you are. You'll be rewarded in the end!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  14:22:56  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol thanks herriotfan, omg she sure does hide away as soon as she sees me watching her lol

thanks all again for the reasurance

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  14:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

pic on my profile page, didnt know how to post it to the bottom of each posting lol

click on the profile link at the top of the page, log in, and post the [img] link into the box that says signature
but make sure it isnt too big!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000