Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  11:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

Not sure if i should be worried or not but Alice had his 1st shed with me on the 21st of November. When i checked on him last night his eyes have gone blue again and he's looking dull so i think he's going to shed AGAIN!!

Is it normal for him to have another shed this quickly?

Tash

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  11:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is odd! If he's growing quickly though you probably dont have anything to worry about:)

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  11:35:30  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How old is he? They can be quite close together.

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  11:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is about 4 months old now, he hasn't got any scale damage and he did have mites but they have all gone now so i dont think its that either. After he shed the 1st time we moved him up to 2 pinkies, maybe its that? I didn't realise they can grow this fast though :S
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  12:12:35  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hatchlings grow rather fast and therefore shed quite often. It is rather quick but like you say you have increased his food.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  12:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While it is possible he is just a quick grower, I would check over for mites again as the eggs can hang around for a while (I dont know how long exactly) as its only been a few weeks since the last one.

Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  12:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eeek ok i'll do that as soon as i get home tonight. Really hope they aren't still there and he is just aquick grower :( Does anybody know how long the eggs hang around for?
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  18:58:05  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NatashaK

eeek ok i'll do that as soon as i get home tonight. Really hope they aren't still there and he is just aquick grower :( Does anybody know how long the eggs hang around for?

Until they hatch i think then they breed some more and end up with a bundle full of the lil nasties

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.

Edited by - gmac on 07/12/2010 19:01:55
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  18:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was only just over 2 weeks between Spots first shed ending and his skin going dull for the next shed. They are about the same age so I would say its normal as they are growing crazy fast at the moment. I'm just waiting for the next shed to start, should be any time in the next week or so. It could be to do with mite damage but your treating that so I wouldn't worry, and shedding is just him repairing the damage so thats a good thing. I wouldn't worry he knows best when it comes to shedding, you cant stop him shedding and he will do it whenever he needs to.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  19:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, just checked him and there is still no sign of mites which is good. I think I'll carry on his mite treatment for another few weeks just in case. He's just had his dinner and his eyes are soo blue. Will keep everyone updated!! Thank you :)
Go to Top of Page

NatashaK
Egg

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2010 :  10:34:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Alice shed :)
it wasnt a very good one, he shed in 3 pieces and he couldnt get the skin off his tail so i had to use a damp cloth to take it off for him. He seems fine though, still not sign of mites and he's one happy boy :) I keep records for him so hopefully the next shed will come at a sensible tme :)

Also, Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their advice on everything!! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000