New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  15:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So im minding a gerbil for a friend of mine. Though i'd handle the snakes beside the cage he was in (to see what would happen :P )

-yes, im a terrible owner!

So they should have been hungry cause they're getting fed this evening. Only they didnt even notice him hardly! He was out running around and everything, and neither of the snakes so much as flicked their tongue at him. Even though they were only about a foot away from him...! Why??

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  15:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They would have known they were there, that's for sure. Probably a bit busy been handled by you to think about hunting down a mystery rodent.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  15:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm maybe, but usually they are very eager for their grub!

0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  19:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A gerbil would smell different to a mouse, so maybe they didn't recognise the gerbil as food- especially if it was moving about when they are used to grub being dead as a doornail

Our hamster has been living amongst the snakies for ages now and none of them pay her any particular attention when they are out.

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  22:45:04  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

A gerbil would smell different to a mouse, so maybe they didn't recognise the gerbil as food- especially if it was moving about when they are used to grub being dead as a doornail

Our hamster has been living amongst the snakies for ages now and none of them pay her any particular attention when they are out.

like this?..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IG4kceZBWA&feature=player_embedded

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  22:53:28  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
^That is so adorable! Wonder why he doesn't go for it though? I love how when the hammy is on him he's like? must you do that on me? I'm trying to sleep!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2010 :  23:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love youtube comments I think I've ever seen one where people aren't arguing and talking bull moose.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  01:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I love youtube comments I think I've ever seen one where people aren't arguing and talking bull moose.

I agree! People get on their high horse over the stupidest of things.. and next thing you know, they are killing eachother hahah! And there is never a winner in the end! never! Idiots :P

0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  09:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An ex of mine had a burmese python years ago that had been fed live food from hatching. He managed to get it onto frozen food eventually.
The first time he fed him though was with a live hamster and it took 2 days for him to show any interest in it. Till then the hamster even slept on the snake!! Must have pushed its luck in the end though as one morning he was gone.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  11:20:09  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It wouldn't be like that Eeji - if our hamster got that close to one of our snakes then she'd definitely eat the poor slithery! She's a feisty little critter

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  22:08:00  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i've taken a few hits from hamster teeth, its not something I'd like to get again!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2010 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took a bite off a pregnant hamster once, you could hear her teeth hit the bone. Was sore to say the least and took about a minute to get her to release my finger.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  00:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hamsters are evil! Gerbils however, are lovely:) I didnt really have any intentions to actually let either of the snakes eat it!

0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  17:08:58  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think most rodents are pretty evil- if they aren't biting fingers they are usually trying to escape to bite through your telephone cable

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

sarahw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  15:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my sons recently departed russian hamster used to charge at your hand whenever in his cage with its mouth open! he was vicious for little thing!

1.2.0cats:felix, whiskers&gizmo
1.0.0staffie tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000