Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  09:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I've never cohabited and never will,but thats my choice. I just think it would make everything more difficult. Who's poo'd,what if theres a regurge and you don't know which ones done it or one becomes ill and passes it on to the other. I just wouldn't be happy doing it,I'm a stresshead though.
Like I say though,its a personal thing and if you feel happy with it and have the means to seperate them then thats up to you. They are beautiful snakes

On the topic of all species of animal having dominant individuals though,you really can't apply that to snake keeping. If you have two dogs for example and ones dominant to the other thats normal as they are a pack animal and therefore have dominant and subordinate individuals. They need this structure for the pack to work successfully.
Snakes however are not pack or herd animals,they do not cohabit in the wild so the dominance aspect is a completely different ball game for them. They come together in the wild because they need to for breeding etc and are then happiest going their seperate ways.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Edited by - Mort13 on 27/11/2010 09:19:00
Go to Top of Page

1982ltrav
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  14:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic