New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  21:04:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I fed Matilda tonight and it was a bleeder! She took him bum first! which meant as she was taking it it bled more n more from its nose. I noticed as she was feeding she got quite a few droplets of blood all over the kitchen roll but also noticed a couple of drops go onto her directly.
Now from experience My other snake Charlie will come back and smell where his pinkie has been but blood has touched her own skin she wont try to eat herself will she? Was a larger than normal pinkie and she has gone straight into her hide but before I leave her totally alone thought I would check>? Dont want to wake up to a snake that has attempted to eat itself!

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  21:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope not she doesn't try and eat herself.
You got me all worried now as Noodle was fed Monday night and he got a substitutional amount of blood on him.

Surly she will know that she is eating herself, Iv'e never heard of any animal do it. :S

1.0.0 - Corn snake - Noodle
2.0.0 Cats (Tango and Ozzy)
2.0.0 guinea pigs (Salt and Peppa)

Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  21:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spend too much time on youtube! But saw a snake on there try to eat another snake because it saw the lump in it or something I didnt quite get it, But Charlie my other snake i've seen him open up to try to eat his leaf!!! just from having the scent of mouse on it so I dont feed him in his viv anymore but yes Matilda got a lot of blood on her and im sure she isn't totally stupid but as I said I've been watching too much on youtube.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  21:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dizzie85

I spend too much time on youtube! But saw a snake on there try to eat another snake because it saw the lump in it or something I didnt quite get it, But Charlie my other snake i've seen him open up to try to eat his leaf!!! just from having the scent of mouse on it so I dont feed him in his viv anymore but yes Matilda got a lot of blood on her and im sure she isn't totally stupid but as I said I've been watching too much on youtube.

Maybe you dreamt it. :L
Just don't worry about it. Leave it for 12 hours and have a quick peep for self assurance.
Then handle him 36 hours after that. Should be all fine.

The snake would know what not to eat. as for the leaf, maybe he was just curious :)

Yeah, have never fed mine in the viv, otherwise I worry that he wont know the difference between me and the feed - especially when he older.

Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  21:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to Feed them in there till Charlie tried to eat the leaf (its a big cactus false one he likes to wrap himself round I used to also put his pinkies on but from there I now take them both out and feed them in a rub.
i deffo saw the video had lots comments on was about snakes cohabiting, one snake had just eaten and this other snake opened wide and locked onto its body where the lump was!
I spend hours looking over cornsnake vids on youtube find some fascinating... maybe take them a bit too literal sometimes though lol. I will check on her in the morning :). It was a large pinkie/fuzzy for her they inbeteen being both though so hopefully she wouldnt even think about it even if it were possible lol... she should be full!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  22:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He probably tried to eat the leaf as this is were you used to always put his pinkies and hoped there was a feed there. :L

Yeah morning sounds good. (:

If you can try and find this video and post the link up, would make interesting topic decision on here :L

Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  22:33:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRYt9oitG4
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  12:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Owwww i see. the snake bit the other snake. I thought you meant itself.

There is alot of debate about keeping corn snakes together - and that is a good reason not to.

But im sure Matilda will be fine.

Was she okay this morning?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000