Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  18:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I've always loved snakes and i've finally convinced my dad to let me get a baby corn snake this january so i'm very excited! I'm thinking of getting a faunarium as it's first home but i'm a bit undecided and confused about the heating- thinking of a heat mat but i'd love some help if anyone has any suggestions and advise

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  19:13:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello welcome to the forum.

my baby corn is a large faunarium, she has a hide in her hot and cold end and water bowl in her cold. the heat mat covers half of her faunarium. shes grand, we have had no problems. xxxx

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  19:26:05  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Charlotte,

Your Shopping List...
-small heat mat
-Digital thermometer (Approx £3.50 each)
-Thermostat (approx £25)
-Substrate (i use aspen)
-Hides for both sides
-Bit of fake greenery (not essential)
-a corn snake

Once you get all this....your on your way!
I would personally buy all this and set it up before you bring him/her home so that you can get the temps perfect !

Ta
Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  19:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heat mats are fine for fauns, so long as its statted with either a matstat or pulse stat.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  22:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome and advise everyone :) hoping to get everything set up this december ready for when i get my snake on my birthday in january
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  22:52:37  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on your future addition. I bet you are really excited

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  22:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can't wait i keep going to look at baby corn snakes and counting down
Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  23:07:17  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just one thing, did you miss out the "L" on your nickname by mistake?

It's just been doin my head in so I had t ask!

Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  23:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i did :P it filled in automatically and i didn't notice till after i'd submitted- tried to get back and change it but can't :(
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2010 :  23:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all :)
This is "Charotte" re-registered with a more normal username-- the missing L was annoying me too.
Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  00:03:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome and well done doing your research before jumping in, as everyone on here will tell you its a pleasure to have such wonderful animals and you'll enjoy every second of it (even when you get pooped on, believe me it happens and you'll marvel at it). This forum is brilliant for everything you need to get a brilliant setup up and running ready for your new snake. Have you any idea what type of corn snake (morph) you want and are you going for a hatchling or something a bit older?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  00:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi lotabob :)
I'm thinking of a hatchling so i get to watch my snake grow up from being a baby! i've been looking at the hatchlings available in my local exotic pet shop and i really like the carolina and oketee colourings. I'm so excited! i've always been fascinated by snakes so i can't wait to have one of my own
Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  00:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Okeetee is such a beautiful morph and is next on my list, I hope to get one early next year. I am relatively new to snakes but I have loved watching Spot grow over the past 2 months and he grows so fast too so I am glad I got him as a baby, I wouldn't have wanted to miss anything I have seen so far.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  00:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like hatchling is a good choice then :) This will be my first snake so i want to make sure that everything is ready before i go to get it after christmas. What morph is Spot? i haven't seen one that colour before- he's gorgeous!
Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  01:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spot is Anerytheristic or Anery for short, its my favourite morph, he's very good natured too though near all corn snakes are. I'm sure you cant wait to get your snake but your doing the right thing reading up and getting its home ready before buying.

Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Budwing Mantis, MAIA

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  08:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh,congratulations. You've definitely come to the right place for advice. Everyones really friendly on here and you're never made to feel silly,no matter what questions you may have.
Not long now and you'll have your very own baby,what a brill start to the new year

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  09:38:22  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
charlotte

send a message to a mod or admin im sure they will be able to sort ya username out

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  22:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Not long now and you'll have your very own baby,what a brill start to the new year

Well my birthday is actually on new years day so i'm hoping to get my new baby snake before then, so it'll be settled in by my birthday i can tell everyone on here is really friendly- i'm looking forward to getting my snake, but it's reassuring that i'll be able to get some help on here from experienced owners and hear about everyone elses pets too
Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

23 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  23:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi littile lottie. i used to help out at mats shop when handlering the baby snakys 1 thing to bear in minde, is there realy realy fast so first couple of time have a second pair of hands, make shure that there is not a masive drop to the floor, as entill the baby is used to you will try to get away.
other tipes, when you are feeding warm the food up a little bit so you can feel a slite warmth off it, as dont wont to cook the meat, using tweaser hold it like it was working normaly and wiggle it, and dont even leave the smallist of gaps,
i lost a baby snake and wont for give my self, he molted a few times and i let open a tiny vent hole with my finder with out notercing on the top, found out hes not in there after i cook the back ground etc apart, tryed the nice traps that dont kill and flower etc and never found him so please dont make the merstake that i did
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  00:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi welshbear :)
Thanks for the tips- they'll be really useful especially about the food and handling. I'm so excited about getting a snake but also really nervous because i'm terrified of harming the snake because i don;t know what i'm doing! That's why i decided to set up everything and do all the research i can first. I'm really glad i found this site- i can tell already it's going to be a massive help
I'm so sorry to hear about your baby snake :(
Charlotte
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  00:25:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Everyone needs a Carolina :D maybe worth finding what age "baby" your getting. A faun might not last long and it might need a viv in half a year's time, depending on the size.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000