New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  14:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A viv that I have which came already set up complete with patrick, has a geko timer and temperature controller. It has a digital read out for the temps. I've got to buy some more thermostats soon and was wondering what peoples experiences are of these. My other 2 thermostats are habistat temperature stats and not the most acurate.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  14:56:53  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got a mixture of brands and find lucky reptile and exoterra good, but that's just my personal opinion. They happened to be the ones that came cheap!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  18:31:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ignore the temperature readout on any make of thermostat, none of them are very accurate. The temperature needs to be taken at the heat source which depending on your set up might not be the same place you have your stat probe so will be a different temperature.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

27 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  18:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to use the thermostat knob as a guide temperature then measure temperatures round the take with a decent thermometer and adjust thermostat as appropriate

http://www.care-sheet.com/
http://www.wikipets.org/
http://www.wikipets.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2010 :  11:29:18  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stvenger5

I tend to use the thermostat knob as a guide temperature then measure temperatures round the take with a decent thermometer and adjust thermostat as appropriate

yep!

but as far as brands or types of stat are concerned on/off type stats (like your habistat temp stat) have the most fluctuation, pulses are pretty accurate, and dimmers are meant to be very accurate. we use microclimate and habistat stats mainly though my aqualine on/off stat was VERY accurate and i liked it

i think people have been disappointed with cobrastats due to the extreme temp fluctuations........

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000