New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  10:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys! plz help me with my boa! he is very very very aggressive and does not like to be handled he still is a baby and i don't know if it is normal and he will grow out of it or if he is going to be stuck in this warp and try and bite me forever? because when he is an adult and he bites me it aint gonna be pretty like it could threaten my life that ugly so guys please help with me and my boa ! i do not wanna give him up because i love he so much thx guys for your time and reading this post
P.S. are males more aggressive than female just wondering thx again!

edit...move to other rep section

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Edited by - lee2308 on 13/11/2010 11:51:10

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  10:15:55  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fernando Pierre

hi guys! plz help me with my boa! he is very very very aggressive and does not like to be handled he still is a baby and i don't know if it is normal and he will grow out of it or if he is going to be stuck in this warp and try and bite me forever? because when he is an adult and he bites me it aint gonna be pretty like it could threaten my life that ugly so guys please help with me and my boa ! i do not wanna give him up because i love he so much thx guys for your time and reading this post
P.S. are males more aggressive than female just wondering thx again!

In humans yes lol!

I would say that with time, your Boa will become more relaxed and used to you. How long have you had him? I experienced this with my BRB and i too was concerned with the future of adulthood! she has calmed down lots in the last few weeks. One tip, dont put her down or back in her enclosure if she bites as this will make her aware that by biting she gets her way and you will find it more difficult in the future!

Hope this helps!

Sul

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  11:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! :D i have had him for about 1 month he is also about 3 months old and i will not put him back :D after this thx soo much for the info !!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  11:49:19  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
boas can be nippy as youngsters but most grow out of it with regular handling

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  12:42:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
o ok thx man!!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  14:39:06  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is he a bit more aggressive in his viv/rub compared to when he's out??

My little boa (female, funny that) is a proper little madam when trying to get her out of the rub, strikes and goes mental to get me. As soon as she's out though, she's like an aged cat that just wants a bit of fuss.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  15:29:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agree with all of the above, but what kind of boas is it as some are known to be a bit more feisty when younger.

Go to Top of Page

rachiepotatoe
Hatchling

United Kingdom
393 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  16:41:22  Show Profile  Click to see rachiepotatoe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha maybe his actions are influenced by his name! :P

Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  16:50:07  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Is he a bit more aggressive in his viv/rub compared to when he's out??

My little boa (female, funny that) is a proper little madam when trying to get her out of the rub, strikes and goes mental to get me. As soon as she's out though, she's like an aged cat that just wants a bit of fuss.

Sounds suppiciously like my "little madam"

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  19:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha his name is psycho because he is a psycho and he is exactly like your boa!! he hates me when he is in his viv 1,3m by 1m viv and then is like an old cat when he's out :D also he is a fat tailed boa (i think) well his tail is not red. thx guys for the help again your the best!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2010 :  19:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
soz he is a red tailed boa! :D

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000