Cage Measurements?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  04:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, i just did measurements for a cage on my wall and figured out that a 8 chamber cage that is 2 feet tall per cage is 8 feet...way to tall...so i'll make a 9 chamber stack. 3 across the top, middle and bottom....possibly making it a 8 chamber stack again taking two of the 9 and making one big one.

So it would be 6 feet tall, 6 feet long and 2 feet in depth, possibly 2 and a half in depth.
each cage being 2 feet in height and 2 feet in width.....this sounds confusing when i read it...haha

hope my building skills are better then my paint skills...

and between 24" - 30" depth.

What people have identified my corns as.

0.1.0 - Rosie - Caramel or Hypo Motley
1.0.0 - Houdini - Amber or Caramel
1.0.0 - Dorky - Ghost
1.0.0 - Casper - Snow
0.1.0 - Candy - Amel
1.0.0 - Bandit - Anery
1.0.0 - Albie - Butter

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  09:45:08  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you could get away with half the height but having it 2-2.5 ft deep would then be awkward

12-18" high is plenty, and the same deep. as for the length of each viv - are you planning this for when yours are adults or for now while they're youngsters?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  11:02:18  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to keep us updated with your progress as you go! I love watching builds come together!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  11:40:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That looks confusing but cool. I do have to agree with the height issue, specially if you are little but you would have to be on the heigh end of 5ft to be able to do stuff in the top viv easily. As G said, 18 is a good height, if you are small though, smaller than that would be easier for you. It will also be cheaper in building materials :) unless your thinking about putting something fancy in there for them to climb on?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  13:45:48  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
8' is definetly too high - i built my snake shelving that high leaving room on top for a row of tubs - I've not a clue how I'm going to get them up and down when I finish filling it! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  14:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I've decided to change the build again. It will have one tank on the bottom that is 48" long, it will then have 6 chambers ontop of that one (3 on each side) and those will be 24" in length each. Each tank will be 18" in height making the total stack 6' tall. Ill stick with the width of 18" as well. I wanted to make this for my corns when they turn adults. Thoughts?

1.0.0 - Dorky - Ghost
1.0.0 - Casper - Snow
0.1.0 - Candy - Amel
1.0.0 - Bandit - Anery
1.0.0 - Albie - Butter
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  15:27:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Why the 48" at the bottom? That's one big corn that will go on there and they will all be fighting over who gets the bigger room :p It might be a good idea to maybe make 2 separate units if that is possible but it all depends on how many snakes you have and if you are planning on getting any more and and the space you have. If going by the number of snakes in your sig, a 4 chamber and a 3 one might be best as 2 separate units, That way if you want them together you can move them together or move them separately better around where you live.

I don't know if this is any help to you, but you could have a 4 chamber unit that is 36" in length, 15/18" in depth and a height of 12-18" for each chamber. And the same measurements for a 3 chamber one, and either make the spare chamber another snake home or storage or just have more height for each chamber. Both units side by side would be 6ft long.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  17:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The purpose of the bigger cage at the bottom will be for breeding. I do plan on getting more snakes as well.

1.0.0 - Dorky - Ghost
1.0.0 - Casper - Snow
0.1.0 - Candy - Amel
1.0.0 - Bandit - Anery
1.0.0 - Albie - Butter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: