Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 just wondering...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dannyhayman
Hatchling

136 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  15:10:10  Show Profile  Click to see dannyhayman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how long on average is it before you can let a corn snake off your hand/arm and have a little roam around?

***moved from Intros to General by GP. this is NOT an Intros post!***

Edited by - gingerpony on 11/11/2010 10:04:04

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  15:30:21  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i dont think theres ever really a right time, i think if its a hatchie i personally wouldnt as they are fast, and can get in the tinyest crack. I let our younge adult corn have a roam on her own on our bed for the first time lat week and what does she do.... take a massive DUMP and pee on it!! lmao! i think if i didnt have cats inthe front room id let her roam in ther tho..

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  15:41:40  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would at least wait until its bigger as they sneak off so easily,also change your sig link to the one that starts with [img] which you can find on your photobucket page

Edited by - lee2308 on 10/11/2010 15:43:26
Go to Top of Page

dannyhayman
Hatchling

136 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  15:52:43  Show Profile  Click to see dannyhayman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oky ill change it when i get home-(photobucket blocked at school) >:(
i took my snake out for the first few times and evertime i did after a few minutes it decided it would use my hand as a toilet.(god snake pee smells a bit doesnt it?) so after a while i decided id put tissue ony my hand to catch thepoopand guess what.not a single winit..
AAANYWAYS ... thankyou for ur advice lol XD idont want to take him into anywhere where he can get under anything-like a couch or a computer or a TV or anything...
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  16:16:47  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
u could do what i used to do for my hampsters when i was little..... make a little circle with old videos like a run haha!

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  16:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine exercise on me or on the bed (only AFTER I'm sure they've had a poo - been caught out several times) but I always keep on hand touching them as they can suddenly decide to shoot off if you're distracted for even a couple of seconds. They also like to get stuck in things or wrapped around stuff as soon as you look away!!

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  16:51:27  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i put a towel on the middle of my bed for my hatchies and let them roam on it this solves the getting my bed pooed on issue and i use the corner of the towel as a boundrie so there always within reach! (but keep an eye on them!) :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

dannyhayman
Hatchling

136 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  08:33:18  Show Profile  Click to see dannyhayman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
omg so many good ideas XD and so many cute snakes XD i think im the only person on this forum with ..one corn snake.
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2010 :  18:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not quite, I only have one snake for now, though I have a wish list a mile long because of this forum. The towel idea is a good idea, I actually do the same thing, if I'm handling then I put it on my knee, or on occasions I lay it out on the floor, curl over the edges and let him have a good roam.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

dannyhayman
Hatchling

136 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2010 :  08:33:19  Show Profile  Click to see dannyhayman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well i cannut handle him now coz his eyes went blue yesterday ! his fourst moult !!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000