New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  20:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matilda has been here a week now I have previously tried to hold her and been bitten so left her completely alone. Well it's been a week since she last ate (she ate the day I had her). So Should I go ahead and try to hold her again then attempt to give her a pinkie OR just pick her up to go in for her feed and put her back giving her a few more days.
I haven't actually seen her for a couple of days at all! She has a cave that she seems to live in! Presuming she's not in "blue" as usually she was always active what's the best course of action??

And instead of writing a new post in a couple of days as I fret more and more lol I have thermostat and digital thermomiter and it is slowly climbing the hot end atm says 27.5c is that still ok? It was 25 but seems to be creeping up gradually.

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  20:56:33  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
27.5c is perfect, it could even get a little higher, to be honest 25 is a little on the low side.

As for wether to handle before you feed, its entirely upto you, so long as you don't handle him for 2 days after the feed i see no problems.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  21:06:16  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As above ^^

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  08:12:46  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
temp sounds good now
i'd try handling then a feed, i only knock handling on the head if they're non-feeders

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  13:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I went to get her out last night and she stayed coiled up and gone a lovely purply colour ( I presume this is her about to shed) so I left her alone will check her again later on this evening , would explain why she has hid in her cave and not come out at all.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  14:15:02  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
does sound like it, just leave her to it

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  22:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news ... sort of... I've been looking in on Charlie all evening as he is due to shed he is rubbing himself up the walls vigorously so was really hoping to see the act... he's had all my attention only to go and find Matilda shed and I missed it!! arrgh lol I knew she was maybe coming into shed but Charlie in my opinion looked closer to it! still one nicely sized complete shed from Matilda and she fed and she didnt bit either! ... Now to stay up tonight n the hope I get to watch Charlie :D.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000